Bohs v St Pats - tonight!! pre Jihad footie (1 Viewer)

bohs punks

Website
Visit site
First home match of the season in Dalymount- loads of new players for both teams - lots of chat, banter, support the club that allows punk gigs in its stadium and Stanto to play Jimmy White, quality pint etc etc.

tis 15 euro into the main stand, 10 for studentos, down to rock jihad after.

off work early to go to this.|..|

Well 1st match at Dalymount for around 10 years, Ground def has improved and the pitch was excellent.
Had a quick few jars in The Bohemian which is very much an "ol fellas pub" but it was warm and cheap, headed up thinking we'd be in the queue for just a few mins but fuck it was huge, it moved fast though and for some reason a guy gave us 1 ticket, a complimentary one, the ground I heard was almost full so decided to sell the complimentary one for a tenner to someone in the queue! Nice profit there!!
Got into the Jody stand and sat at Block C the 1st half and itwas a so so half with the 1 goal from Pats :(
We attempted to get a pint at HT but was pointless, millions were at the bar so went back out and watched the 2nd half up the "Burdocks end " The Boh hardcore fans were that end and it was a cracking atmosphere.....much bile and abuse coming from the Bohs fans at the home team players who they felt wern't pulling their weight...esp at Darren Mansaram and Chris Turner.
I thought Bohs best player was the number 7, the match def livened up in the 2nd half too with Bohs playing a lot better yet lacked creativity upfront, Pats just played within themselves, exciting finale saw 3 players sent off, 2 for Pats and 1 for Bohs.....they couldn't grab the equalizer so lost their unbeaten record. :p

Will def go back there in a fortnight though!

saw 3 14/15 year old st pats supporters getting chased up blessington street by some "bohs supporters" of equal age looking to give them a hiding. they didn't know where dalymount was so ran the wrong way.

felt pretty bad for them, until one of them shouted "you don't run, boys, you STAND AND FIGHT."

eh, no. this isn't the 70's, and you're not the intercity firm. you run. preferably the right way.

Who's gonna be first to tell me all about the lovely tunes and booze I missed?

Bohs were muck last nite .Pats goal was one of the best goals ive seen in a long time in eircom leauge football . Nutsy resorts to hoofball even with an extra man .Clueless !zed

Why they reverted to hoofing the ball I would expect was they couldn't create anything and it was the last 7-8 mins of the game........

Bohs were pretty poor last night with the exception of one or two, thought owen heary - no 2- was really good. huge crowd and great atmosphere at this- had tol eg it to the jihad after but looking forward to post match pints with ye all for the next one, trying to get half time pints in is madness but after match pints and banter is always good.

added bonus last night was the big que in the lane being right beside the new practice room the lads have sorted out, good sound proofing but there was a definite pleasant leakage of crust punk out into the lane, made it seem like we were queing for some massive punk gig or something.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back