Boardwalk Empire (1 Viewer)

awwwwwwwwww shiiiiiiiiiit. Michael K Williams (Omar) is in it.

Reportedly the pilot cost 50 million to make. Hope it's as good as it looks.

That is some cast.

Steve Buscemi
Kelly MacDonald
Michael Pitt
Michael Shannon
Stephen Graham
Vincent Piazza
Aleksa Palladino
Paul Sparks
Shea Whigham
Anthony Laciura
Michael K. Williams
Paz de la Huerta
Dabney Coleman
Michael Stuhlbarg

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

It's almost too good to be true. Miller's Crossing meets Goodfellas meets The Sopranos, hopefully with the depth and characterisation of The Wire.

Fahk.

Last night was a great start (especially Buscemi) but there might be a danger of Scorsese out-Scorseseing himself a bit.

Excellent start - looked super big budget. Great cast - I'm a littl sceptical of Stephen Graham (but it might turn out all good)..

Great stuff. It screamed big production. There was the odd overdone cliché or bit of clunky exposition, but I'd rather watch this over the po-faced preaching of Tremé to be honest.
Graham's accent was a bit off alright. I do like him though.
Thought the sound editing was a bit ropey at times actually, in comparison to the fairly stunning visuals. Was it just a glitch in my copy or is there some seriously wonky dubbing when Kelly McDonald meets Nucky for the first time?

I'm was slightly disappointed. I'm hoping it's just a 'grower' for me. Michael Pitt lost is baby fat though. The whole time I was like, is it him? No. Wait... yes. Ummm, maybe not. I had to stop it and look up imdb because it was wrecking my head.

Really enjoyed it. Hope the quality remains considering it was the pilot and that Scorsese directed it. Was dying for more of Michael K Williams.

seriously disappointed with the lack of enthusiasm for this. mad men season 4 gets a 15 page thread and this barely gets 2. anyway this weeks episode was some of the best television i've seen in ages. it really set things up for some explosive shit in the second half of the season

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back