Blue Screen of Death (1 Viewer)

Catwoman

I'm getting this a lot lately. I thought it might be down to a new Maxtor external hard drive I got but it's still BSOD'ing when that's disconnecting. The only other drive I can think of that might be causing this is the UTV modem cos every now and then it gets 'corrupted' and I have to re-install.

Has anyone else had any problems with UTV internet or am I barking up the wrong tree? Could it be the external hard drive?

Google the code that comes up and see what you find.

Have you installed new graphics drivers? They can be a curse.

Can you borrow another modem to check it?

I'd be surprised if it was the hard drive. But check and see if maxtor have any drivers available.

Graphics drivers - yes, I believe I did a while back. I'll check the code if it happens again.

Make sure you uninstall the old drivers when upgrading the graphics drivers. You can boot into safe mode if needed. It's not usually a problem these days but used to happen all the time before XP.

Right click on your desktop and select properties. (Or Control Panel - Display)

Click on the settings tab and under that look at the bit that says display. It should say the name and type of monitor and the graphics card you have installed (It might just have plug and play monitor though).

If it does, go into the advanced button and choose adaptor. It's either going to be nvidia or ATI, more than likely. Go to the website of whichever manufacturer it is and download the latest (Non-beta) drivers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back