Blokes thread - girls are allowed but will be patronised and their opinions ignored (1 Viewer)

Heave!
scrum.jpg

cassette/tape said:
i begun to like make-up.
i never go anywhere without a wee bit of foundation and a wee bit on the aul eyes, but recently my ex-boyfriend remarked that he thought i never wore makeup.
hmmmnn...
you could read a lot into this...
jaesus, i'm thinking i just shouldn't post on any topics i care about. you'll notice i said that make-up can be cool, i have nothing against anyone decorating their bodies. imaginative eye shadow can look pretty awesome.
i had a knee jerk reaction when the term "need to wear make-up" came up. the cosmethics industry is expert at playing on people's insecurities about how they look and appear to other people. and i just hate that. i hate every part of it. i think one of the first gig posters i ever made was a picture of someone hanging themselves and i put the phrase underneath the picture "because you're worth it." i thought that was bringing the whole "because you're worth it" bullshit to it's logical conclusion. my apologies to anyone who thought i was being dismissive of their intelligence, that was never in my mind. i just think that it's possible for smart people to get caught up in all this unnecessarily. and, because of the fierce hold said cosmethics industry has over the entire world, it is impressive to me to meet and/or know someone who just simply isn't interested in pandering to the evils of the cosmethics and advertising industries. it's just really refreshing. that's just an observation of mine.
so, in closing... ah who gives a crap anyway.
the posts about TLC and foundation=dandruff were not meant seriously.
cheers, all the best.
ms.b.haven/veryslowey

cosm(ethics)... brilliant.
love your work.

hag said:
you could read a lot into this...
jaesus, i'm thinking i just shouldn't post on any topics i care about. you'll notice i said that make-up can be cool, i have nothing against anyone decorating their bodies. imaginative eye shadow can look pretty awesome.
i had a knee jerk reaction when the term "need to wear make-up" came up. the cosmethics industry is expert at playing on people's insecurities about how they look and appear to other people. and i just hate that. i hate every part of it. i think one of the first gig posters i ever made was a picture of someone hanging themselves and i put the phrase underneath the picture "because you're worth it." i thought that was bringing the whole "because you're worth it" bullshit to it's logical conclusion. my apologies to anyone who thought i was being dismissive of their intelligence, that was never in my mind. i just think that it's possible for smart people to get caught up in all this unnecessarily. and, because of the fierce hold said cosmethics industry has over the entire world, it is impressive to me to meet and/or know someone who just simply isn't interested in pandering to the evils of the cosmethics and advertising industries. it's just really refreshing. that's just an observation of mine.
so, in closing... ah who gives a crap anyway.
the posts about TLC and foundation=dandruff were not meant seriously.
cheers, all the best.
ms.b.haven/veryslowey

Re: Blokes thread - girls are allowed but will be patronised and their opinions ignor

getting ready for a party and she's wondering what's the way
I said look why don't you just wear what you'd wear everyday
You know T-shirt
You know Sweatshirt
You know Cut off shorts you know those
Plain old everyday clothes

She had this black dress that I remember still
But in her ordinary clothes that girl was dressed to kill
well cause I loved her
I loved her
At first sight I suppose
and I couldn’t have loved her more than in her plain old everyday clothes

well Jeans and a sweater
Jeans and a shirt
Starting going soft then I started to flirt

Jeans and something that didn't fit right
but I loved her, at first sight

Now she’s in something that she's put on by chance
But when I fell in love, when I fell in love it plain made no difference
cause I loved her, cause I loved her
cause, cause that's the way it goes
And I loved her even more in just her plain old everyday clothes

well Jeans and a sweater
Jeans and a shirt
I started going soft and I started to flirt
well Jeans and something that didn't fit right
but I loved her at first sight

Now she’s in something from the hardware store
But Pierre Cardin and Fiarrucci could’ve done no more
Cause I loved her, cause I loved her
and every angel knows
that I loved her even more in just her plain old everyday clothes, my god
her plain old everyday

Jeans and a sweater
Jeans and a shirt
I started going soft and I started to flirt
Jeans and something from the second hand
but remember what I said about Pierre Cardin
Jeans and something from the hardware store
but the italian boys could've done no more

Re: Blokes thread - girls are allowed but will be patronised and their opinions ignor

I wanna add that while the above is kinda true, I sure do love it when my babe puts on a dress and gets herself all spruced up mmmm hmmm yes indeed
The fact that it's not an everyday thing makes it cooler

SadieOutlaw said:
that's really sweet.
Yeah, that is sweet. There have been times when "Someone" has been all, "You look nice," when I've just been in jeans and a boring top, with my hair in a lazy pony tail, or even been in my PJs. It's nice when that happens.

It's also a nice reminder to myself that I wear makeup and get dressed up because I like it, not because someone else does. I don't think I'd want to go out with someone who thought women only look good with makeup. Now *that* would be someone who'd fallen into 'the trap'.

"I think men who have strong opinions about whether women should or shouldn't wear makeup and/or like handbags are actually just afraid of the fact that it might represent an assertion of control over their self-esteem, ability to make decisions for themelves, or simply ability to assert themselves, and will be less likely to relinquish it to a man."

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa ha ha ha ha ha. whatever ruffino. :rolleyes: seriously, where did you pick that out of, your arse? why would you even pretend to have anything in common with me if you thought i was like this? weirdo.

hag said:
"I think men who have strong opinions about whether women should or shouldn't wear makeup and/or like handbags are actually just afraid of the fact that it might represent an assertion of control over their self-esteem, ability to make decisions for themelves, or simply ability to assert themselves, and will be less likely to relinquish it to a man."

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa ha ha ha ha ha. whatever ruffino. :rolleyes: ladyfest is over dude.
You still trying to get me to take the bait?

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back