Blogs (1 Viewer)

krystal

Since 2000
Right. I am doing a blog using wordpress s/w for someone, and I'm having a bit o' a problem with the categories - they list fine on the admin side of the db but when populated, they appear non-alphabetically in the blog itself within the category listing. So, I've looked into it, and there are strings you can pass within the php code to the DB to get it to order the categories by id or alphabetically - which is what I want. But it's not working. Anyone know a definititve way to force the db to output the categories alphabetically?

If the name of the category table is, say, "category" and the name of the field where the category names are stored is "name", tack on "ORDER BY category.name" to the sql query that gets the categories from the database. It'll probably look something like "select * from category"

rightio, I shall try this, cheers!
egg_ said:
If the name of the category table is, say, "category" and the name of the field where the category names are stored is "name", tack on "ORDER BY category.name" to the sql query that gets the categories from the database. It'll probably look something like "select * from category"

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back