Black Sabbath up north in December (1 Viewer)

• Thread starter HMD
  • Start date
  • Replies 15
  • Views 1K
  • Watchers 2

HMD

Supporter
Website
www.rockjihad.com
Playing odyssey arena in december. I know Bill ward isn't playing but i'm looking at it as the only time i will ever get to see Black Sabbath and hopefully them playing Fairies Wear Boots.

Not really.
I compare it to Bowie. Lots of people taken in by hype who didn't seem to realise that he'd been making albums that were consistently "pretty good" for ages. I've no reason to believe that these songs won't be the same songs that would have ended up on the next Tony Iommi's Black Sabbath album with Tony Martin or someone else singing. So yea, it'll probably be another "pretty good" Sabbath album.

What's the new album like? I've got it downloading on sotify to listen to on the drive to Roscof tomorrow.
new album is shite..ploddy recycled riffs, shite lyrics and general mid-tempo rubbish! don't know why i was so looking forward to this...

Unfortunately had to turn this off because of the vocals

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I'm going to Belfast with big tolling bells on, but the footage I've seen from this tour with that irritating Tommy Butafuco drummer and Ozzy losing his voice after a few songs does little to dispel the truth that Sabbath were far more entertaining with Dio out front. Actually, when you think about it, Heaven & Hell with Dio and big Vinny Appice on drums was more Sabbath than this version of Sabbath (in that they made more albums together).

13 is similarish to the Devil You Know album, solid and good, but not something you'd return to again and again. Geezer is the star of the new album, great to hear his big bad bass up so prominent in the mix. Whilst the RATM drummmer does pretty decent on the album, he sounds weak against the Sabbath drumming of Bill Ward, Vinny Appice or even Cozy Powell when he was somehow part of the band.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back