Black Friday 2021 (1 Viewer)

pete

chronic procrastinator
Staff member
Since 1999
Solutions
Website
thumped.com
Looking for bargains but also inspiration for the special, impossible to buy for, person. SEND HELP.

Might be looking a telly

(I have no idea what's good,but also something not fancy)
I noticed tellys are gone so cheap now.. you can get a decent 60" for well under a grand ..if you had the room for it, that is.

Might be looking a telly

(I have no idea what's good,but also something not fancy)

I used this forum when trying to find a decent not fancy one last year albeit not on Black Friday. But it should help narrow down what the right kind of one for you is based on what you watch or use the it for e.g. standard tv, streaming, sports etc.

What Is The Best TV For You?

By well under a grand you mean under 500,right?
I don't know tbh..I just know I saw a 70" in Tesco for 799 or something.

We've already got the biggest tv that will fit in our room...there was a 24" here when I moved in!

To which I said GTF

You could get a decent <55" for under €500. Check out reviews of TCL or Hisense as I wouldn't rule them out over brand name snobbery.

Just picking this one at random - 50" 4k TV for €420 in argos now:

Just got home and measured our current TV. 36" and I reckon it's fine for the room.
I reckon I'm gonna have to go into a shop and just pick one.

I don't know tbh..I just know I saw a 70" in Tesco for 799 or something.

We've already got the biggest tv that will fit in our room...there was a 24" here when I moved in!

To which I said GTF

why did you need a big TV?
not messing, just curious..
our TV is a 36'', in a small room its grand.

why did you need a big TV?
not messing, just curious..
our TV is a 36'', in a small room its grand.
We only have a 43" . Which is grand in our room.

Why do I need a big tv? Well, I was straining to see the 24" tbh.

Like ,its not as if they're expensive anymore.. why wouldn't you get the biggest the room can take?

Movies are way better on a big screen. And so's football.. although I don't watch that. But the housemates do.

In fact, interestingly enough, they were against getting the big tv. Even though they have no other interests than watching sports like rugby gaa and soccer etc. They came around though...once the new set was in situ

I'm proudly working class and have no qualms about such things. I wouldnt have a TV if I lived on my own.. never have done . But if I'm gonna be watching TV as a social thing.. well fuck that if you think I'm wasting me time straining to see a portable.

Last edited:
We only have a 43" . Which is grand in our room.

Why do I need a big tv? Well, I was straining to see the 24" tbh.

Like ,its not as if they're expensive anymore.. why wouldn't you get the biggest the room can take?

Movies are way better on a big screen. And so's football.. although I don't watch that. But the housemates do.

In fact, interestingly enough, they were against getting the big tv. Even though they have no other interests than watching sports like rugby gaa and soccer etc. They came around though...once the new set was in situ

I'm proudly working class and have no qualms about such things. I wouldnt have a TV if I lived on my own.. never have done . But if I'm gonna be watching TV as a social thing.. well fuck that if you think I'm wasting me time straining to see a portable.
BIG TV POSHO!!

I think I have to buy one now. I'm actually completely at a loss as to what else to get the special, impossible to buy for, person.

Send HALP aswell!

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest posts

Latest threads

Back