Black Friday 2018 (1 Viewer)

Amazon product ASIN B001EOMZ5E

hmmmmm, that's quite the discount.

Or should I just get an aeropress and go down that route?

This is a serious question.

I got a similar device from Lidl a few years ago and it blew up in a week, I'd imagine this brand have a better build quality. I can ask my coffee roaster mate for his thoughts on it.

I got a similar device from Lidl a few years ago and it blew up in a week, I'd imagine this brand have a better build quality. I can ask my coffee roaster mate for his thoughts on it.
Yeah g'wan. Do focus on the "will it blow up" bit first.

There's no way it wouldn't be on a massive sale if it wasn't substandard in some way but even still.

@Lili Marlene

He says those machines aren't very good. "espresso extraction on those machines tends to happen in about 10-12 seconds and not the 25 minimum needed. Added to that they tend to dose about 10-14 grams, not 18 needed for espresso. "

@Lili Marlene

He says those machines aren't very good. "espresso extraction on those machines tends to happen in about 10-12 seconds and not the 25 minimum needed. Added to that they tend to dose about 10-14 grams, not 18 needed for espresso. "
Well then GOOD DAY TO THEM.

Does he have a recommendation? I assume it's "spend big or don't spend at all"

Aeropress is really good! More portable too.
Yeah but I don't need portable is the thing. I'm happy to have a big machine in my kitchen if it's decent and i can afford it. I'll probably go down that route though, by the looks of things.

Yeah but I don't need portable is the thing. I'm happy to have a big machine in my kitchen if it's decent and i can afford it. I'll probably go down that route though, by the looks of things.
Go for the fancy machine so. You cans say, "coffee?...I have a MACHINE."

He mentioned having a mate who bought a 2 grand machine of that type and thinking the coffee from it was shite.

Aeropress and a decent grinder was his tip. I have a hario hand crank burr-grinder (many good coffee shops will stock them on the shelves) but off the back of talking to him about the machine you were considering I'm thinking of ordering one of these, which he says isn't bad. The one thing you want in a grinder above all else is it to be a burr one rather than a blade one.
Amazon product ASIN B01H2SUX9U

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back