Birthday cake recipes? (1 Viewer)

Reets

Supporter
Solutions
Has anyone got any good ones?
The sprog wants me to bake one for her but fairycakes are all I know how to make.

Chop off the head and make it look like a weird rat? That could work.

Chocolate cake it has to be.One way or another.

Or cinnamon.

contemplating a light-sabre-shaped cake for the my tough guy...i'll prob just use

LuxDblChoCakMix.jpg

too proud to buy an instant cake?

175g self-raising flour
2 tablespoons cocoa powder
1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
150g caster sugar
2 eggs, beaten
1/4 pint melted butter
1/4 pint milk

icing:
75g butter
175g icing sugar
3 tbsp cocoa powder
splash of milk

preheat oven to 180C/gas mark 4, grease and line two 7-inch cake tins. (i grease em with butter and then put a little flour in and shake it so it coats the tin then tip out the excess, instead of greaseproof paper)
sieve the flour, butter and bicarbonate into a bowl, add sugar, mix well.
mix in the eggs and melted butter, whip with cake mixer til smooth.
spoon into the two tins and bake for around 30 mins or until a skewer stuck in comes out clean instead of with wet cake mix on it.
leave to cool...

melt butter for icing in a pan, sift icing sugar and cocoa into a bowl and add them to the butter, mix well, add enough milk to make it runny enough to coat the cake. i like to let it all cook a little bit at this point so the icing is fudgier...just for a minute or two.

then put the cakes on your very best plate and ice those bitches!

i put chocolate chips in the icing and bits of walnut on top when i made this recently. it was damn good

Thanks Nooly, that sounds lovely.

I was just about to say....but my birthday is still a month away. ;) If you haven't already found one you like let me know. I have a few good ones depending on your taste buds.

thumped never acknowledged my birthday back in november,i want a coffee-chocolate fudge cream monster cake please!

that actually sounds awesome...i think i'm gonna have to make it sometime soon

thumped never acknowledged my birthday back in november,i want a coffee-chocolate fudge cream monster cake please!

that actually sounds awesome...i think i'm gonna have to make it sometime soon

What if it was a spider monster? Or a bat? This could be arranged. I'm designing it in my head now and drooling over the thought of coffee-chocolate fudge.

[image]http://thelongthread.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/09/spider-cupcakes.jpg[/image]

I was just about to say....but my birthday is still a month away. ;) If you haven't already found one you like let me know. I have a few good ones depending on your taste buds.
Some more'd be great. She's not a big fan of icing, says it makes her throat sore :rolleyes:

Cinnamon Nutella Cake

175g softened butter
175g golden caster sugar
3 eggs 200g self-raising flour
1 tsp baking powder
2 tsp ground cinnamon
4 tbsp milk
4 rounded tbsp Nutella
50g hazelnuts roughly chopped

1. Preheat the oven to 180C/gas 4/ fan 160C. Butter and line the base of a 20cm round cake tin.
  2. Put the butter, sugar, eggs, flour, baking powder, cinnamon and milk into a bowl. Beat with a wooden spoon for 2-3 minutes, or with an electric hand mixer for 1-2 minutes, until light and fluffy.
  3. Tip three quarters of the mixture into the tin, spread it level, then spoon the Nutella on in four blobs. Top with the remaining mixture, swirl a few times with a skewer, then smooth to cover the Nutella.
  4. Sprinkle with the nuts. Bake for 1 hour to 1 hour 10 minutes, until risen, nicely browned, feels firm to touch and springs back when lightly pressed (cover with foil if it starts to brown too quickly). Cool in the tin for 10 minutes, then turn out, peel off the paper and cool on a wire rack. Wrap tightly in double thick foil to keep fresh for up to a week.

No frosting:

Sugar-Crusted Lime Cake

FOR THE CAKE

2 Egg whites @ room temp
1/2 tsp Baking powder
1 cup Flour
3/4 cup Sugar
1 tbsp Grated lime peel
1 tsp Baking powder
1/4 tsp Salt
1/3 cup Skim milk
1/4 cup Shortening
2 tbsp Lime juice

FOR THE TOPPING

1/4 cup Sugar
1 tbsp Lime juice

1. Heat oven to 350F. Spray 9" round cake pan with non-stick cooking
spray; dust lightly with flour. In a small bowl, combine egg whites
and 1/2 teaspoon baking powder; beat until stiff peaks form. Set
aside.

2. Lightly spoon flour into measuring cup; level off. In a large bowl,
combine flour and remaining cake ingredients. Beat at low speed until
moistened; beat 2 minutes at medium speed. Gently fold stiffly beaten
egg whites into batter. Pour into sprayed and floured pan.

3. Bake at 350F for 27-35 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.
In a small bowl, combine topping ingredients; spread over hot cake.
Cool cake completely in pan on wire rack.

Strawberry cake
600 mls flour
1 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
3/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
180 mls butter softened
360 mls sugar
2 tablespoon sugar
240 mls strawberry preserves
4 eggs
3/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/8 teaspoon red food coloring
120 mls buttermilk
420 mls heavy cream
713 mls strawberries

Directions
  • Bake the cake: Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line two 9-inch cake pans with parchment paper. Lightly coat the pan with butter, dust with flour, and tap out excess. Set aside. Sift the flour, baking powder, salt, and baking soda together and set aside. Cream the butter and 1 1/2 cups sugar until light and fluffy in a large bowl using a mixer set at medium-high speed. Add 3/4 cup preserves and the eggs, one at a time, blending each addition thoroughly. Scrape down sides of bowl and beat in vanilla extract and the food coloring. Reduce mixer speed to low and add the flour mixture by thirds, alternating with the buttermilk and ending with a final addition of the dry ingredients. Divide the batter equally between the pans and spread evenly. Bake on the middle rack of oven until a tester inserted in the center of each cake layer comes out clean -- about 20 to 30 minutes. Cool completely on a wire rack.
  • Assemble the cake: Beat the cream and remaining sugar to soft peaks and spread over the top of one layer. (Wrap and freeze the remaining layer for up to 2 months.) Top with strawberries and drizzle with remaining preserves. Serve immediately.

kill her, she's unnatural

I think she just does it to piss me off, that's the same reason I give when she says she likes Hot Chip.

Thanks Jill, they all look yummy.

Think i might spend the day baking a cake today.

As soon as I have a wee nap.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back