Bigsby (1 Viewer)

• Thread starter mark
  • Start date
  • Replies 49
  • Views 9K
  • Watchers 3
good timing. been using it more with si schroeder lately.

zero complaints. the trem is loosening up a treat and the vibramate has no negative impact on sustain. the tuning is holding up really well. it's nice to know i can go back to the original bridge, but i can't see it happening any time soon.

it being an SG, you get that neck wobble too, but even so, once the strings have been stretched and there a bit of graphite applied to the nut and bridge saddles it comes back to pitch just fine, once you don't go too mental.

nice one Guv'nor
sounds like the dogs altogether;guess i'll have to order it so!
what was the name of the seller again?
(that link above is broken)

thanks horse!

she's lookin well...

SG by mechanicalapple, on Flickr

Squier-Classic-Vibe-Telecaster-Custom-3TSB_4.jpg

will hopefully have one of these (second hand) by tomorrow evening - it shall be bigsby'd!

yeah throw some nice pickups in there and they're as good as almost any tele
i've got two squier teles myself

That guitar is teh sex!! Had no idea it were just a Squier. Very tempted to pick one up and Bigsby it now. Where's a good place to pick up these Vibramates and Bigsbys? Have an SG custom which could be nice with one too.

sorry,I worded that badly alan's is a real 60's one
but lets be honest here who the fuck can afford that??
the squier tele custom is a very respectable copy of it though and with decent pickups would get you 90% of the way there for about 10k less

get it from these lads

http://stores.ebay.com/Pitch-Perfect-Music/_i.html?_nkw=vibramate&submit=Search&_sid=73316548

sorry,I worded that badly alan's is a real 60's one
but lets be honest here who the fuck can afford that??
the squier tele custom is a very respectable copy of it though and with decent pickups would get you 90% of the way there for about 10k less

get it from these lads

http://stores.ebay.com/Pitch-Perfect-Music/_i.html?_nkw=vibramate&submit=Search&_sid=73316548

actually - having given one of these a serious ammount of play over the weekend and at practise last night my only gripe with it would be that its very noisy(ie hummy), and possibly i'd like a slightly fatter neck. Pickups sound nice and bitey/twangy with plenty of tone and sustain to me. if you can pick one up second hand (as I did for 220!) go for it. lovely guitar to play. Its routed for humbuckers as well aparently, although I havent looked 'under the hood' yet - will have a look when i re-string this weekend.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back