Bicycle Trailers (1 Viewer)

broken arm

Has anyone ever used one of these for bike touring?

how practical are they?

BOB%20yak%20bike%20trailers%20cykelvogne.jpg

yes, while travelling thru katmandu on my gap year with nick and jan, i used one of these. i filled it with cabbages. was it practical, it's hard to tell.

I personally wouldnt trust them though I've seen them used.
I remember my girlfriend considering getting one to put the dog in, and I was completely against the idea.

A child, fine, but no way the dogs going in there

Has anyone ever used one of these for bike touring?

how practical are they?

they're not. you're better with panniers and bike mounted racks. the problem with these is that being a seperate entity from your bike if you hit heavy winds/cross winds which in uk and ireland is guaranteed then it will give you all sorts of trouble as it pulls at rear wheel of your bike making you unstable.

you'd want a bit of practise with them before you take to the roads/cyclepaths and also if you go anyway offroad you'll probably end up carrying it. more hassle than its worth. strap your tent to your bike and grow some legs like a man would you

they're not. you're better with panniers and bike mounted racks. the problem with these is that being a seperate entity from your bike if you hit heavy winds/cross winds which in uk and ireland is guaranteed then it will give you all sorts of trouble as it pulls at rear wheel of your bike making you unstable.

you'd want a bit of practise with them before you take to the roads/cyclepaths and also if you go anyway offroad you'll probably end up carrying it. more hassle than its worth. strap your tent to your bike and grow some legs like a man would you

i have a set of massive panniers. massive

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back