bicycle help (1 Viewer)

CITY BABY

Website
www.thefreebooters.com
I want ta get the aul boy a bike for christmas, I was thinkin of gettin a foldin bike, so he can stick it in the car + he doesnt have a shed or garage ta stick a bike in.
but I reckon hed reckon hed look like a bit of a spa on one.
so what im thinkin of is them bikes that the wheels pop off handy enough, what are these called, are they rediculously expensive???

any advise apreciated

I want ta get the aul boy a bike for christmas, I was thinkin of gettin a foldin bike, so he can stick it in the car + he doesnt have a shed or garage ta stick a bike in.
but I reckon hed reckon hed look like a bit of a spa on one.
so what im thinkin of is them bikes that the wheels pop off handy enough, what are these called, are they rediculously expensive???

any advise apreciated

The wheels are called Quick Release (QRs) and they're fairly common.
It is still difficult to fit a full-size man's bike into any car, even without the wheels.

The Quick Release mechanism is a bit like a wingnut or whatever, it's not at all complicated. In fact a wingnut would probably do just as well. But as 7-NT says, bikes are hard to fit in carboots even without wheels. It's the handlebars you see, they sorta go all over the place.

Foldy uppy jobs don't look that silly really. They certainly look less silly than a car sitting in traffic.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back