Bicycle courier jobs (1 Viewer)

aoboa said:
They need to bring in jaywalking rules here.

Baggot Street at 5 is vicious, people walk out on the road whilst searching through bags and whatnot.

The most annoying thing i encounter are the potentially wheel buckling potholes everywhere.

Lefty Frizzell said:
Baggot Street at 5 is vicious, people walk out on the road whilst searching through bags and whatnot.

The most annoying thing i encounter are the potentially wheel buckling potholes everywhere.

The most annoying thing I've encounterd was one of those trap doors for getting into the basement of shops along the quays which decided to swallow my front wheel sending me head first over the handle bars.

Yes I was cycling on the footpath but it was 2 in the morning and I slowed down and pushed with my foot the two times I passed a pedestrian.

aoboa said:
Besides breaking lights - how do cyclists hit pedestrians?

By not looking where they’re going usually. Or thinking that people will get out of the way in time. It’s not that there’s an awful lot of cyclists hitting pedestrians; it’s more the lack of respect for their right of way.

As for jaywalking: It’s illegal to jaywalk in this country, just never enforced.

Cycle lanes are grand. I think they’re brilliant. But you know those ones where they paint a bit on a path and claim it to be a cycle lane, splitting it in two? It’s not. It’s a path. The council can shy out of their responsibilities all they like. But it’s still a path. I think pedestrians should always have right of way. On the few occasions I’ve heard about with bikes hitting pedestrians, it’s always the walker who came out worse. See, to me, pedestrians are also mothers pushing prams or people in wheelchairs or using crutches/walking/sticks or guide dogs. Or hearing aids. Basically, people who can’t hear you or see you or get out of the way in time. I know it’s frustrating, but that’s part of the responsibility of cycling/driving.

The rules of the road state that you go only as fast as the speed you can see to stop safely. That’s the secret to safe driving/walking/cycling/running.

Super Dexta said:
apparently he's the best lover she's ever had.. passionate and gentle yet also strong.

yes i did buy heat magazine yesterday.

Heat is a good laugh. I tend to buy the enquirer when i see it though:

ROSIE O'DONNELL EATS HER FOUR YEAR OLD SON

:)

Goff said:
By not looking where they’re going usually. Or thinking that people will get out of the way in time. It’s not that there’s an awful lot of cyclists hitting pedestrians; it’s more the lack of respect for their right of way.

As for jaywalking: It’s illegal to jaywalk in this country, just never enforced.

You see what I'm getting at? The pedestrians shouldn't be on the road in the first place - right of way or no.
Right of way was okay when there was little traffic on our roads. These days it's unworkable.

Lefty Frizzell said:
Heat is a good laugh. I tend to buy the enquirer when i see it though:

ROSIE O'DONNELL EATS HER FOUR YEAR OLD SON

:)
i bought it because grace from big brother was on the front, with the caption 'mikey's just a cad'. apparently next week they're interviewing sezer about his sex life. can't wait to see how that one goes. "so sezer, raped anyone lately?"

aoboa said:
You see what I'm getting at? The pedestrians shouldn't be on the road in the first place - right of way or no.
Right of way was okay when there was little traffic on our roads. These days it's unworkable.
I can’t be sure, but I think it was introduced after some cyclist hit a pedestrian.

Seriously though. I can’t agree with that. Pedestrians have very little right of way in this country. However a judge will be more likely to be on the side of a defenceless pedestrian on account of the fact that they don't have armour or air bags.

Cyclists should have headgear at the very least (don’t think dreads count).

I think we should always, always treat the pedestrian as having right of way, unless it’s more likely to cause a fatality. The world would be a much better place if we all stopped rushing. It’s as easy to drive at 120km/h relaxed as it is in a hurry.

Don’t get me wrong: I think the average pedestrian is a thick.

Which is all the more reason why we should watch out for them….

Super Dexta said:
i bought it because grace from big brother was on the front, with the caption 'mikey's just a cad'. apparently next week they're interviewing sezer about his sex life. can't wait to see how that one goes. "so sezer, raped anyone lately?"

How’s her new group getting on? Good Girls Pretending To Be Lezzers, or whatever they’re called.

It’s made a mockery of the whole BB experience.

Sezer. What a guy. It’s spelt Seezer. Did no one tell him?

32416-large.jpg

Lefty Frizzell said:

I think at rush hour it's every man or woman for themselves, be they on foot, car or bike.

If you are on abike travelling at 20mph into a crowd of idiots who think they can just cross the road at any time,providing you dont hit them head on physicis is on your side and you will most likely send them flying and cycle off into the sunset..and they would deserve it too.

One thing Im used to love about cycling in Dublin was buzzing people who stand on the side of the road where you have to cycle especially uppity secretary types or anybody I suspected of being into Sonic Youth.

moose said:
Sworn secrecy, I'll tell you next time I see ya.

cool i was only bleeding a set of discs off one the other day...deadkly value those bikes.

XTC3 got a 10/10 review in MBR two months ago too.

I got a Dawes Discovery something a few weeks back. I'm kinda worried about it, it feels quite fragile. It doesn't absorb cracks/bumps on the road as i'd like it to.

Lefty Frizzell said:
I got a Dawes Discovery something a few weeks back. I'm kinda worried about it, it feels quite fragile. It doesn't absorb cracks/bumps on the road as i'd like it to.

Thats because they are rigid hybrids with 35c tyres.

Try changing the tyres to 40cs or alternatively road up an mtb.

brianoak said:
Thats because they are rigid hybrids with 35c tyres.

Try changing the tyres to 40cs or alternatively road up an mtb.

Hmmm yes. I suppose they're good if your cycling in Europe where the roads are good. I just spent 300 lids on the bastard!:mad:

Its a real flyer though. I got from Cabinteely to the bridge at mount street in 30 minutes yesterday morning.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back