Best/Worst Britpop era bands (1 Viewer)

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

First you wash your hair, then you wash your hands.
Oh yeah, I think I understand.

I knew they reformed a few years back but very surprised they're still going. Kudos I guess

maybe all the other posh trippy bands like Temples and Tame Impala are making people nostalgic for it?

Last edited:
I never thought they'd get over their flirtation with Nazism.
oh dear

Sorry about the swastika says Kula Shaker singer Mills

But in 1993 the band was lined up to play a far bigger gig at Wembley: a conference entitled "Global Deception" at which speakers included a notorious anti-semitic propagandist Eustace Mullins and a leading US militia writer, William Cooper.

Cooper, who stepped in as compere at the conference after the right-wing, militia-supporting DJ Anthony J Hilder failed to appear, has reprinted the anti-semitic forgery, the Protocols of the Elders of Zion, which was used by the Nazis to justify the Holocaust. Mills later went on to thank Cooper on Kula Shaker's hit album K, which reached number one in the album charts in September last year.

This isn't because they used a swastika at some stage is it?

He wanted to, along with other sketchy shite.

In April 1997, The Independent on Sunday drew attention on its front page to remarks that he had made in two music-paper interviews. His assertion to Melody Maker that "we know that democracy doesn't work" was barely contentious (hadn't Churchill said something similar?), but his subsequent suggestion that we should introduce "a non-elected body that set the right standards" seemed somewhat extreme. And when he told the NME his thoughts about the

swastika being "a brilliant image" (albeit in the context of his interest in Indian mysticism, where the symbol originated), it began to look as if he might have some unsavoury political views.

Further circumstantial evidence began to emerge: Mills's former band, Objects of Desire, had used the motto "England will rise again" and played at a dubious rally, and their singer, Marcus Maclaine (at the time, the boyfriend of Mills' mother, Hayley Mills), had, in his teens, been a member of the National Front. Case closed; credibility in tatters; career in ruins.

Crispian Mills: Big mouth strikes again

Gas their comeback was 9 years ago and it took that long for anyone to notice.

I thought it sounded like a Stone Roses rip off but I really liked their song "Shower Your Love" when it came out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back