best shops and stuff (1 Viewer)

sarah

Website
www.flickr.com
I love food, but what I love even more is good food on the cheap!

Places I found very pleasing to my belly and my pocket:

Spiceland round the corner from Adelaide rd & camden st
Deadly for really cheap veg also canned stuff like chick peas etc (as is the veg shop in rathmines diagonally opposite tescos)

Oriental emporium back of Jervis st centre : Tofu, all sorts of oriental
veg like pak choi (sp) beansprouts, ginger etc plus all the
sauces and shit for half nothing.

Nuts and stuff that place in georges st arcade seems to be sweet.

Also avocado's two for a euro on camden st the veg stall outside
listons ..sweet...

Anybody else got suggestions for stuff?

Aldi
I am a recent convert now that there is one around the corner from work. Bleedin' deadly for cheese and cold meats and soups, and cleaning products, and cereal and really nice pasta sauces and olive oil and rice and all manner o things that cost approx 5million euro in Tesco.

Edit: not so hot on fruit and veg though

Also lidl has opened round the corner from Aldi on Moore st.
tis deadly for similar stuff, and also keep an eye out for those special back of the
truck offers, ranging from such stuff as wellis to microwave ovens!
Deadly

kirstie said:
Aldi
I am a recent convert now that there is one around the corner from work. Bleedin' deadly for cheese and cold meats and soups, and cleaning products, and cereal and really nice pasta sauces and olive oil and rice and all manner o things that cost approx 5million euro in Tesco.

Edit: not so hot on fruit and veg though

20 twinnings peppermint tea bags in a conventional supermarket - approx. €2.50

40 peppermint tea bags in aldi - € .79

peppermintastic !

P. Littbarski said:
20 twinnings peppermint tea bags in a conventional supermarket - approx. €2.50

40 peppermint tea bags in aldi - € .79

peppermintastic !

thanks for reminding me, keep forgetting to pick up tea!

Don't want to be a big spoil sport worry wart etc but i'd be wary of alot of the foods in asian shops considering DDT and other such chemicals are still being used in India and other asian countries.

a lot of the stuff in aldi/lidl like chocolate and pesto tends to be nicer than the big stores.

seems to be that any processed goods that they can import is far better, but they lose out on local produce like yer lettuce and yer peppers.

the lidl cambembert tub is amazing and only 1.59

the dream

dudley said:
a lot of the stuff in aldi/lidl like chocolate and pesto tends to be nicer than the big stores.

seems to be that any processed goods that they can import is far better, but they lose out on local produce like yer lettuce and yer peppers.

the lidl cambembert tub is amazing and only 1.59

the dream

I also am quite partial to those big jars of not-quite-feta cheese cubes
yummy!

The olive oil in Aldi is top notch stuff won some Sunday Times award. the brie is quality too.

There's a really good veg shop on the corner of the Malahide road in Fairview.

Don't suppose anyone needs help finding cheap shops in north Wales?

kirstie said:
Aldi

And exercise bikes.

Sinbad's next to Portobello bridge has lovely produce, keen prices and friendly staff (Harib and Ahmed!)

Gong Farmer said:
Sinbad's next to Portobello bridge has lovely produce, keen prices and friendly staff (Harib and Ahmed!)
Sinbad's is rockin' alright, and does real tasty home-cooked food, including veg stuff.
On a geographically related note, it has to be said that the Bretzel Bakery has been trading on past glories for a number of years now (since it changed owners) and its produce is of decidedly inferior quality. It's not even kosher anymore.

azezelo said:
Sinbad's is rockin' alright, and does real tasty home-cooked food, including veg stuff.
On a geographically related note, it has to be said that the Bretzel Bakery has been trading on past glories for a number of years now (since it changed owners) and its produce is of decidedly inferior quality. It's not even kosher anymore.

YES thank you the bretzel bakery does suck ass now,
I've been there getting stuff in the morning before work
to discover that it was stale. pricks.
aaaand they don't sell bretzels which was the only reason I went
looking for the place in the first place.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back