best heckle? (1 Viewer)

Jesus Nooly, it's been almost 10 years, you really need to get over these things. I do like the idea of me being a hipster though.

The only one I can think of is seeing Shellac years ago in the US and Steve Albini and the bass player took a round of questions from the crowd - real dumb shit, and then played a song. Then they asked if people had any more questions.
Immediately one lad shouted 'yeah, who gives a fuck what you think about anything?'
Cue riotous laughter and Albini lost for words, which was probably a first.

after playing a pretty ropey set of post-rock to a load of bored punks who were waiting for their mates band, their singer said, "let's hear it for the lads" or something along those lines to a dead silence. then he said it again to more dead silence. then the bloke next to me just said, "gay" and everyone turned around, "yep" "yep" "yep" and nodding their heads.

Wankers!

Anton Newcombe takes no shit from hecklers. From 01.45

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

The only one I can think of is seeing Shellac years ago in the US and Steve Albini and the bass player took a round of questions from the crowd - real dumb shit, and then played a song. Then they asked if people had any more questions.
Immediately one lad shouted 'yeah, who gives a fuck what you think about anything?'
Cue riotous laughter and Albini lost for words, which was probably a first.

I'm surprised they're not heckled more often. Y'know, stuff along the lines of

'YOU'RE A GROWN MAN FOR GOD'S SAKE'

or

'REALLY? A PLANE?'

i once climbed onstage while the maladies were playing, started singing hey jude into the mic and was physically thrown out by the bouncers. does that count as a heckle?

i once climbed onstage while the maladies were playing, started singing hey jude into the mic and was physically thrown out by the bouncers. does that count as a heckle?

I don't know who the maladies are but that sounds like the most amazingest thing that has ever happened.

or simply an awkward moment where the humour didn't work

or

'REALLY? A PLANE?'

I know. I'd like to pull the plug on them when they do 'Prayer to God' of whatever it's called and tell them 'kill him, yeah right...got it'.

or

'REALLY? A PLANE?'

banter from irish voice at Shellac at 10 year ATP just gone:

Steve: "any questions?"

guy: "WHATS YOUR FAVEOURITE TYPE OF SANDWHICH?!"

some other guys asks one the same time and as Albini answers the the Irish voice shouts over him : " MINES HAM MAYONNAISE PICKLE AND CHEESE"

we laughed. alot.

banter from irish voice at Shellac at 10 year ATP just gone:

Steve: "any questions?"

guy: "WHATS YOUR FAVEOURITE TYPE OF SANDWHICH?!"

some other guys asks one the same time and as Albini answers the the Irish voice shouts over him : " MINES HAM MAYONNAISE PICKLE AND CHEESE"

we laughed. alot.

That was a mate of mine, also when Shellac first came on "HOW MANY CHIPS DID YOU EAT YE FAT FUCK" was directed at the bassist.

And straight after most songs was "AVERAGE"

He actually does love shellac though.

That was a mate of mine, also when Shellac first came on "HOW MANY CHIPS DID YOU EAT YE FAT FUCK" was directed at the bassist.

And straight after most songs was "AVERAGE"

He actually does love shellac though.

Was it Washing Cattle?

Yer man that shouted play "Peace Train ye bollox" to Cat Stevens in the O2 was pretty amazing.

I also heard that when the guy who wrote and starred in Fatal Deviation held a questions and answers session after a screening of his movie in Trinity College the first question was "You're really good at karate".

At a Shellac gig in Dublin someone shouted "Is Spiderland the best album ever made?"

I vowed there and then to never go to this sort of hipster douche-bag gig again

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back