Best final scene in a movie. (1 Viewer)

The final scene(s) in La Jetée. On the airport jetty at Orly, as he runs towards the woman, is shot, sees himself as a boy and realises that the man he saw all those years ago is himself.
Breathtaking.

THE LAST SCENE IN CHEECH AN CHONG 'THEIR NEXT MOVIE'..

CHONG HAS RETURNED HOME AFTER BEING TAKIN' UP IN A UFO. HE GIVES CHEECH A LOAD OF SPACE COKE. CHEECH WRECKS THE NEIGHBOURS HOUSE HULK STYLE AND THEN BLASTS OFF UP INTO THE SPACE WITH CHONG HANGIN' ONTO HIS LEGS....

THIS CANNOT BE TOPPED AND COULD BE USED TO END ANY FILM

!!ALLAHQUANNNDO!!

remembered one. haven't seen it in a while so I'm not sure if it's at the very, very, very end but it's close enough; the scene in idi i smotri (come & see), where the kid unloads a rifle into a picture of hitler's face montaged with backward ww2 archive footage of invading german tanks, stuka bombers etc.

I believe this topic came up before so i'lljsut cpy ad paste from my old one !!

The Wicker Man
Angel Heart
The Straight Story -- Two old men embrace one young man weeps man tears
Lost Highway --- You think you understand but it'll fuck you right up.
Le Haine
Memento
The Usual Suspects
Shane -- Is he dead is he not?
Dumb and Dumber -- Bikini girls = Hilarity

Johnnyc said:
One of my fave final scenes pops up in "The Taking of Pelham 123". The movie happens to be on on Friday night - 10:30 RTE2, so if you've never seen it either stay in/come home early/record it.

Brilliant movie, brilliant ending. Big influence on Tarantino this one.

thats a great flick..if only he hadnt sneezed eh?

snakybus said:
what?

did I miss something?
There's some ambiguity as to whether Shane is mortally wounded or not, and whether you're supposed to assume that he rides off to die out of sight of the kid.

//If we're talking about Westerns, High Plains Drifter has a far superior ending, IMO

ICUH8N said:
The final scene(s) in La Jetée. On the airport jetty at Orly, as he runs towards the woman, is shot, sees himself as a boy and realises that the man he saw all those years ago is himself.
Breathtaking.

What is this film with the ending very similar to 12 Monkeys?

La Jetée
Made a long time before 12 monkeys. I think Terry Gilliam acknowledged that he appropriated the idea.
The film's actually a series of stills with the camera panning across them (a la ken burns) with voice-over narration. Only about 28 mins.
I really, really like it. Like, a lot.

The final scene from my film. Which i have not nor will ever make due to the fact that it would just be too good to let anyone see.

Otherwise, Fight club, Once upon a time in new york, McCabe & Mrs. Miller, and of course;Lassie, Come Home.

ICUH8N said:
La Jetée
Made a long time before 12 monkeys. I think Terry Gilliam acknowledged that he appropriated the idea.
The film's actually a series of stills with the camera panning across them (a la ken burns) with voice-over narration. Only about 28 mins.
I really, really like it. Like, a lot.

Super film indeed. Sans Soleil is really interesting as well.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0084628/

I have the Chris Marker blahblah disc featuring La Jetée and Sans Soleil, as well as a short documentary. I try to make it through the whole lot once a year, just to remind myself of its complete amazingness.

ICUH8N said:
I have the Chris Marker blahblah disc featuring La Jetée and Sans Soleil, as well as a short documentary. I try to make it through the whole lot once a year, just to remind myself of its complete amazingness.

Same here, almost too much awesome for one disc.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back