Best double album ever? (1 Viewer)

Aye, I would've thought so? My copies are all doppelelpees anyway

A funny one this, as a lot of them came out on a single CD, but were double vinyl - Tri Repetae by Autechre would be another one. Double vinyl but single CD.

Aye, I would've thought so? My copies are all doppelelpees anyway

A funny one this, as a lot of them came out on a single CD, but were double vinyl - Tri Repetae by Autechre would be another one. Double vinyl but single CD.
Yeah all of those I mentioned are single CD. So is it anything over 60 mins is a double album ? or anything over 40 ? what fits on a Vinyl ?

According to this there's fucking loads of them

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_double_albums

Washing Machine and Dirty are double albums ? news to me. Glad I don't collect Vinyl now. All that getting up and flipping the record fuck that. That's four trips across the room to listen to Daydream Nation ? That would fucking kill me. Especially since I can't get out of my chair without making tea lately, and my kettle's mad slow so I'd miss the first song on each side. No thanks.

Grumble grumble nag nag moan.

Live%2BAfter%2BDeath.jpg

Fucking great album that - "recreating" the cover was something of a rite of passage in the art class in my school when I were a nipper.

Sandinista! would be my number 2 best double LP. So many fucking great tunes on it. I think I remember I is John saying he was a fan of it.

Hitsville UK alone is the sonic template for about two hundred indie bands of the last 10 years.

The traditional double album is four sides of vinyl released before the CD era.

Defining the CD era isn't clearcut. It's not 1983. It's not even 1990.
I think it's when CDs became the industry standard [i.e. the dominant format]. That's 1992/93 I'd say - when they started to outsell cassettes.

In a strange twist the CD era has created numerous double LPs.
The average album length is much longer than the 35 - 45 minutes of the 1960s/1970s/1980s and therefore the vinyl version is now on multiple wax.

A classic.

images

I'm listening to this for the first time in a couple of years thanks to this thread. I love this album. I prefer my crackly vinyl version.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back