Best Comic Book Footballers (1 Viewer)

Mitchum

1. Hot Shot Hamish.

Net-busting Herculean who kept a pet sheep called McMutton. Had a great partnership with Kevin Mouse for Princes Park.

2. Johnny Dexter

Aka The Hard Man. No nonsense tackling midfielder for Danefield United (or was it Palace?) . Man & ball. Everytime.

3. Billy The Fish.

I'm bored...

What about Roy of the Rovers?

Too Aryan innit. Plus well-dodgy signings of The Kemp Brothers from Spandau Ballet.
Actually plus points for the latent homo-eroticism of his relationship with Blackie Gray.

bah. he kept on scoring the goals when the chips were down man! sometimes a football is just a football.

Ah they all did. Except Mark Stewart: The Safest Hands In Soccer.

What about Billy of Billy's Boots fame? Clearly a sheeite footballer without the proto-Predator hobnailers that once belonged to Dead Shot Keen. I think you'll agree.

what was that guy who set up the team in some township in south africa...vinnie would know

Roy Racist some called him.

Rick Stewart was the youth team keeper for Tynefield United and Oakhampton and England youth. seemed to spend years being 17.
his father Gordon played for Tynefield City and Scotland "the safest hands in soccer" he tragically died in a plane crash off Brasil in 1983 ( I think).

Bobby Clemens was the 13 year old Yorkshire lad who formed the multi racial team in South Africa where his father was a miner.

Kevin Mouse was my favourite player - a small fat bloke who could do Bicycle kicks but also worked as an 'orderly' in the local hospital. he gave hope to every useless youngster. if he could be a great player anyone could one thought.

The Goalie from Golonga

It was a one-off story in an annual I had. Scorcher maybe. He had to go back to his jungle village and complete some trials before he could return to Europe and play for the manager that signed him.

remember the teen angst of Billys Boots? The Uk Peter Parker of school football

the strife at home, a broken family,being bullied, self doubt and magic boots of a dead footballer...

...that were lost or stolen on a regular basis

resulting in angst , stress, self doubt....

remember the teen angst of Billys Boots? The Uk Peter Parker of school football

the strife at home, a broken family,being bullied, self doubt and magic boots of a dead footballer...

...that were lost or stolen on a regular basis

resulting in angst , stress, self doubt....

You think he self harmed?

You think he self harmed?

Nah it was more existential angst. Invariably just after he clocked a thirty-yarder into the top corner of the Cup Final he'd wonder 'is it Dead Shot or is it me?'

Most stories revolved around his grandmother absentmindedly throwing his boots in the bin only for him to find them at a jumble-sale minutes before he had to play in a crucial game.

my old man hates billy's boots. reckons it's cheating. might as well be pumpin nandrelone. or be carlos tevez.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back