Best Book I've read this year (1 Viewer)

I'll take that as recommendation then. I read Everything Is Illuminated over the summer excellant book, have you read it and are they similar style?

Not sure, I just bought Everything is Illuminated yesterday, looking forward to it. The style looks pretty similar.

Some lad on BBC's Newsweek reckoned it was all very pretentious, but I don't know about that. The writing is beautiful and the story is ace, with so many knock-out lines.

I was looking forward to Everything is Illuminated for so long before getting around to reading it. Kinda gimmicky, although from glancing through Extremely Loud and Incredibly annoying, that one really takes the biscuit. 9/11 and a woman falling back into the tower. Seriously!

whats wrong with gimmicks? really tho, give it a read, great writing, great characters and a great storyline. some cool pictures aswell!

Yeah, I think I just got burned from Everything is Illuminated. I think devices used to further the plot or characterisation etc are fine and good, but if they're for nothing, then they're gimmicks. That's generally a negative word, yeah? I dunno, maybe I'll try it out.

Its better than Everything is Illuminated in my opinion it overcomes the structural problems that Everything is Illuminated had - I found it a bit cumbersome in parts but it was his first novel.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back