Votes: 2 8.3%
  • I like all of them. No favorite

Votes: 2 8.3%
  • I dont like any of them. No favorite

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Havent listened to any of them. No Favorite

Votes: 3 12.5%

• Total voters
I saw that Morten dude in Oslo. He looked old, 10 years ago.

From what I have seen, the Norwegian music scene is about this (tiny gap in my fingers) big.
In one night, 10 years ago (Jesus), I met Erlend Oye and one of the dudes out of Royksopp, in Bergen. There was about 3 places in Bergen that they all hung out in. The Cafe was one, and Erlend worked in the local students union. He was so nerdy he made me a little freaked out. Really nice though.

There was another place, Hulen, that was a nuclear bomb shelter that the government sold to the students union, for one kroner. I think the shelter wasnt radiation proof or something. What they did was drill a big hole into this mountain on the egde of the town and then the SU lads brought the biggest speakers that they could fit down.

Man. That club rocked.

Come to think of it, I loved Bergen. And everything about it. Sigh.

450px-Bergen-_White_wooden_houses.jpeg

THinks it was Kings of Convenience that brought out a lovely cover of Manhattan Skyline about 2 years ago...

never knew this existed...thanks for the tip.

it's available here btw

http://catherine.poinsignon.free.fr/Kings.htm

first gig i went to was a-ha in the rds when i was twelve or something...it was cool. mags nearly walked of the stage because somebody threw a paper cup at him. Hardcore !

- Hunting High And Low was the first album I ever bought

- I still have their appearance on Wogan taped somewhere (Mags thought Terry's head was a different shape in real life than on TV! Oh, Maaags!)

- The song 'Scoundrel Days' is really fucked up

the little draw of breath at the very start of scoundrel days is genius. maybe im imagining it... they seem to have been on wogan a few times

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

i got Hunting high and low on cassette in hmv (grafton st i think) when the mother brought myself and my sister to dublin for december 8th shopping in 1986. i think it was the first album i picked out for myself although i did have eddy grants greatest hits for some time before that. i saw scoundrel days there on the same day - although i knew I've been loosing You and Cry Wolf from the radio i didnt know they had released a second album until then but my brothers gave me that one that christmas.

i got Hunting high and low on cassette in hmv (grafton st i think) when the mother brought myself and my sister to dublin for december 8th shopping in 1986. i think it was the first album i picked out for myself although i did have eddy grants greatest hits for some time before that. i saw scoundrel days there on the same day - although i knew I've been loosing You and Cry Wolf from the radio i didnt know they had released a second album until then but my brothers gave me that one that christmas.

I got Hunting High and Low on vinyl off santa when I was about 12. Got Scoundrel Days on tape in that SuperEx place on Henry St. It was only there for about a year, beside the Ilac center. Loved both of them. Kind of lost interest after those 2, but they were (and still are) great. I was at the 2 RDS gigs too. I think 1987 was the first, and the next was a year after. I don't remember too much about them other than lots of screaming. I also saw Chris de Burgh in concert in the RDS around the same time though, so not sure what that all says about my music tastes of the time!!

Thanks for digging that out, my heart still skips a beat when I hear him talk, A-ha arent half bad either!

the little draw of breath at the very start of scoundrel days is genius. maybe im imagining it... they seem to have been on wogan a few times

YouTube - A-HA - Cry Wolf / Interview - 1986

did you have the poster book thing with 20 posters in a book with a chapter of the a-ha story written on the back of each one? My brother bought it for me in 1987, as well as an a-ha t-shirt - no idea what they managed to write 20 pages on back then. i later got the pink floyd one.

YES I DID!!! Something like it anyway. I remember it folded out into one big poster. I had at least two of 'em.

Sorry for making you wait over 2 years for an answer to that - must have been driving you MAD!

Edit: wow, will watch that Wogan interview later

b side of Sun Always Shines On TV

Driftwood = worst song ever.

ah ffs it was a perfect b-side

first gig i went to was a-ha in the rds when i was twelve or something...it was cool. mags nearly walked of the stage because somebody threw a paper cup at him. Hardcore !

he'd had a brutal skateboard attempt too...think he was moody...think he thought he was Pal

Whatever album that had The Sun Always Shines On TV on it is their best

Hunting..twas an unbolloxy have-a-go bolloxy bollox of an album...if you couldn't stomach duran duran, this album was the answer...loved it dearly

A-Ha were the band that got me into the Doors coz Pal listed them as an influence in Smash Hits( which i stopped buying after StayOnTheseRoads)..

y'all checked this out..
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

could never find boxerboots in dublin...well, Temple Bar...well, DV8.

So how did that song morph in Take on Me.
That original version really doesn't have a chorus at all....

Was it some producer dude that did it?

So how did that song morph in Take on Me.
That original version really doesn't have a chorus at all....

Was it some producer dude that did it?

oh i'm sure lots of songs bear scant ressemblance to their original inceptional form...You Feel The Fire may have bore the title Demolished Fruit Law at one stage...anyways..the song Lesson One was re-recorded, re-released, re-produced several times and so developed...Pal and Magne played a demo of it to Horten Market to get his Atlantian-alien good looks into the band, at the time called Bridges...they burned that.

looking at some of their interviews 'now and then' they're more sarcastic than i remember..there you go.

nobody look at the live version of Stay On These Roads from senegal in 2006 - sounds like fucking coldplay.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4IDpwyDq82M"]YouTube - A-ha - Stay On These Roads[/ame]

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back