Belle and Sebastian - If You're Feeling Sinister (1996) (1 Viewer)

Hector Grey

Contributor
Threads
I remember hating them at time, but hey, I said, I'll give it a lash. I was an awful cunt back then. Maybe it was me. It wasn't me. It was this anodyne, pablum, half-cocked, mock intellectual, limpwristed smug fest.

The kids just asked me to turn it off. Nuff said.

dudley

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Contributor
Since 1999
Threads
Website
www.thedudleycorporation.com
I still love a couple of B+S singles like Lazy line painter Jane, but the LPs have only ever been ok.

S'all too lazy sounding, feather dusters for plectrums etc.

prefuse

Threads
The only b&s album I have is the pursuit of happiness.

prefuse

Threads
First listen: I like the feel of the music & instrumentation. It has that breezy summer evening vibe. Nice. Vocally his monotone delivery tends to make the songs sound very similar. Some smart lyrics going on.

Jim Daniels

Burls Forever
Supporter
Threads
Website
twitter.com
It has that breezy summer evening vibe. Nice.
Totally this!

Was listening to it this evening with open windows, a nice warm breeze and a top class salad followed by tea and cake. The vibes were relaxed and carefree, but with a hint of that slight sadness that imminent summer brings.

Probably my 2nd fave B&S album after The Boy With the Arab Strap. Although, having given it a good 3 listens today, it's a very close second. Definitely benefits from a few listens.

diauhdiad?

Supporter
Threads
I know exactly what you mean. You get a few lovely days like this and you think that this is it, summer is here, solid sunshine through til early october but you know it's just a tease.

Bernie Lomax

Threads
Totally this!

Was listening to it this evening with open windows, a nice warm breeze and a top class salad followed by tea and cake. The vibes were relaxed and carefree, but with a hint of that slight sadness that imminent summer brings.

Probably my 2nd fave B&S album after The Boy With the Arab Strap. Although, having given it a good 3 listens today, it's a very close second. Definitely benefits from a few listens.
u ok hun?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create a thumped.com account. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest posts

Trending Threads

Latest threads