[BBC] Lostprophets rock star Ian Watkins on child sex offence charges (1 Viewer)

Oh I don't say so and I'm not convinced either I was just raising the question. I'm opposed to capital punishment too (I was really just being facetious with my snip snip remarks (surprised no one rose to the bait there).

The question of what we expect prisons to actually achieve is a much larger more complex moral issue and not one that i delve to deeply into to be honest as it's far too murky a territory for even me.

Sorry, but I find it hilarious (and not in a good way) that you, who have twice in the last week advocated people being raped as punishment for their actions, can claim to be opposed to capital punishment.

What's rape, a bit of fun?!

Sadly the snip doesn't prevent rapists from going on to re offend - so it wouldn't be an effective punishment.

What might help is if judges stopped thinking that compensation is a fitting punishment. Or if people stopped talking about rape in a way that suggests that there is ever a time when it is ok.

While people think that someone, anyone, could 'deserve to be' raped sick people will find ways to justify their actions. Even phrases like 'she's asking for it', milf, 'I'd give her one' meant to be harmless are granting permission to people with no moral compass, conscience, or whatever it is that you believe governs their view of right and wrong.

Sorry, but I find it hilarious (and not in a good way) that you, who have twice in the last week advocated people being raped as punishment for their actions, can claim to be opposed to capital punishment.

What's rape, a bit of fun?!

Sadly the snip doesn't prevent rapists from going on to re offend - so it wouldn't be an effective punishment.
That wasn't actually me. But whatever like. Just saying.

and this ;) is generally a good sign that someone's taking the piss.

If only we could bet on how many times he gets raped in prison this week.

So this wasn't you then? I know that @GO was also at it, but he's not the one taking a stand against capital punishment while joking about rape.

As I've already said, trivialising and joking about sexual assault contributes to making it seem a lesser crime, when it is not. If someone steals my wallet I might lose some money and its a hassle, rape ruins lives and not just the lives of the victims. It causes physical and psychological damage and many victims, whether male or female, never recover from either.

It's not funny. No matter how many smiley faces you put after your comments.

Nooly said:
Urban Dictionary: wrongun

he should be a pictorial entry on that page

Balls.ie said:
Joey Barton felt the need to weigh in on the tributes that have been raining down on Ryan Giggs on the Welshman’s 40th birthday. The firebrand QPR midfielder started off by admiring the Methuselah like longevity of Giggs’ career before bringing up the Manchester United midfielder’s personal life.

Link

Joey Barton said:
Still can't have him for getting up his brothers bird though. Great player but can't be doing that. No matter how much of a top player he is

Respect him as a player. But as a man, you don't do that to your own. He's a wrongun in my book.

I believe that people should take personal responsibility for their actions.

i.e. not blame

upbringing
hard life in the country
the banks made me do it
methadone

probably not a liberal view ?

I agree but I think the rest of us should show more forgiveness and less judgement. Not that I'm saying this guy deserves to be forgiven any time soon but I do honestly believe that maybe some day.

Anything that encourages mob mentality freaks me out to be honest.

So this wasn't you then? I know that @GO was also at it, but he's not the one taking a stand against capital punishment while joking about rape.

As I've already said, trivialising and joking about sexual assault contributes to making it seem a lesser crime, when it is not. If someone steals my wallet I might lose some money and its a hassle, rape ruins lives and not just the lives of the victims. It causes physical and psychological damage and many victims, whether male or female, never recover from either.

Ahh here..I blame Doug Stanhope.

How come its funny when he says it?

advocated people being raped as punishment for their actions,

When did I do this ? This is what you said I did when did I actually advocate rape ? I made jokes about this absolute prick baby rapist getting fucked in prison. But that isn't what you said I did now is it ?

I make jokes about everything, no matter how horrible, this helps to keep me from getting run down by the worlds horribleness.

You should try it. It's cathartic.

I retracted my advocation of yer wan being arse raped to death for killing that lion and looking all smug about it.It was in poor taste..and I wouldn't stand by if someone was too carry out my summary execution judgements.I'd say "NO!,quit raping everybody and let justice be done"

I'd settle for a good kick in the gee for yer wan.

Now..on the subject of the death penalty for this fella....

I just watched a great and very informative episode of the West Wing dealing with just that issue.And Martin Sheen has convinced me to think again.

So..I think castration and lobotomization could be an avenue worth exploring.

ANd 240 hours community service.

I'm gonna knock the bad taste malarky on the head now.

Its too easy to just run with it

When did I do this ? This is what you said I did when did I actually advocate rape ? I made jokes about this absolute prick baby rapist getting fucked in prison. But that isn't what you said I did now is it ?

I make jokes about everything, no matter how horrible, this helps to keep me from getting run down by the worlds horribleness.

You should try it. It's cathartic.

Look up the definition for yourself. You publicly supported the idea of a woman who shot a lion being raped (fucked, whatever). See that exactly what I was saying, to you it's a joke. To someone skewed enough to think raping someone is ok it's permission and vindication. To someone who's been raped it's one more person telling her (or him) that s/he somehow brought it on themselves.

I think I have a pretty good sense of humour, but there are certain things I think profoundly unfunny, sexual assault, physical violence and anything that involves bullying and humiliation of another person.

I think that that kind of humour is one of the things that contributes to this 'worlds horribleness' as you put it. The right to be funny and tease and joke is considered above all and bullies can use the excuse of "humour" to drive people to suicide.

If we all thought before we typed or opened our big fat gobs the world would be a much better place, it's amazing what a bit of kindness and consideration can do.

Look up the definition for yourself. You publicly supported the idea of a woman who shot a lion being raped (fucked, whatever).

That wasn't me.
I think that that kind of humour is one of the things that contributes to this 'worlds horribleness' as you put it. The right to be funny and tease and joke is considered above all and bullies can use the excuse of "humour" to drive people to suicide.

So wait I'm contributing to suicide now ? Bit of a stretch no ? We differ massively on this subject. The way see it nothing is off limits. Everything is up for discussion and mockery.

Bullies pick on people within their sphere of influence and make their lives miserable. That I can't abide and have never done.

This here is different this is mockery of current affairs so be very careful what you attack me over. At the end of the day the idea that I shouldn't do something because it doesn't suit your tastes is just ridiculous. But if it's such a massive issue for me start moderating these threads. Or go post on boards.ie.

That wasn't me.

So wait I'm contributing to suicide now ? Bit of a stretch no ? We differ massively on this subject. The way see it nothing is off limits. Everything is up for discussion and mockery.

Bullies pick on people within their sphere of influence and make their lives miserable. That I can't abide and have never done.

This here is different this is mockery of current affairs so be very careful what you attack me over. At the end of the day the idea that I shouldn't do something because it doesn't suit your tastes is just ridiculous. But if it's such a massive issue for me start moderating these threads. Or go post on boards.ie.
You just sort of made Squiggle's point for her there. Fair play to you.

The veiled threat, the "justification": Sure, it's only current affairs. so it's fair game, innit. After all, current affairs isn't people or anything. And the cherry atop your cunt cake: if you don't like it, you can leave.

Covered yourself in glory there. Masterclass.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back