Bargains someone should buy. (1 Viewer)

Tell me nice things about it please Gaz :)
What else is there to say

Bates the hole off the SG I had ....is on a par with my old Jap Tele (when it was still decent)...and heres the best part..it can sound like either!

They are savage guitars and no mistake.I would happily survive with just my Westone forever..I call it The Winds Of Jupiter. First guitar I ever named.Cos it sounds so gnarly through the Marshall.

That one on adverts is a beaut..different bridge to mine..but I'm a fan of tune o matic bridges so that wouldnt be a deal breaker for me by any stretch.

Heres the thing though..if you want my advice..make sure that whatever axe you buy..you love the look of it.Cos no one wants to be picking up a dog of a yoke ..it puts you off.

Last edited:
What else is there to say

Bates the hole off the SG I had ....is on a par with my old Jap Tele (when it was still decent)...and heres the best part..it can sound like either!

They are savage guitars and no mistake.I would happily survive with just my Westone forever..I call it The Winds Of Jupiter. First guitar I ever named.Cos it sounds so gnarly through the Marshall.

That one on adverts is a beaut..different bridge to mine..but I'm a fan of tune o matic bridges so that wouldnt be a deal breaker for me by any stretch.

Heres the thing though..if you want my advice..make sure that whatever axe you buy..you love the look of it.Cos no one wants to be picking up a dog of a yoke ..it puts you off.

I love the look. Love it. I wonder how it feels....

Wow I see that ones got a heelless set neck..its fair to say that thing would blow the socks off manies the SG or Les Paul ..I say GO FOR IT!

I'd have to imagine with the set neck and tunomatic..your new Thunder will be nicer than my one! By a fair amount! And I'm delighted for you

I highly recommend screwing the tailpiece down tight and top wrapping the strings.Lovely slinky action..if thats the type of thing that appeals to you that is

I'd have to imagine with the set neck and tunomatic..your new Thunder will be nicer than my one! By a fair amount! And I'm delighted for you

I highly recommend screwing the tailpiece down tight and top wrapping the strings.Lovely slinky action..if thats the type of thing that appeals to you that is

Yes. Very much so.

Thanks Gaz (and the rest of ye), I'll report back.

Got it yesterday evening. It's beautiful. Clean as a whistle. It's a solid fucking guitar. A little bit heavy but I probably just need to work out more.

It's perfectly playable but as it was such a good price I'm gonna drop it into a professional to make it as nice as possible.

And as regards the look. All I wanna do is pick it up and play it. I nearly took it into the bed with me last night.

Great news!

A nice professional set up will surely be worth it.

You'll get used to the weight

Great news!

A nice professional set up will surely be worth it.

You'll get used to the weight

I will. A light guitar is nice, but it does't feel powerful. You feel like you're in Vampire Weekend.

Thrusting one's groin into a good solid axe brings out the Mick Ronson in me. I'm a motherfuckin' alligator.

I will never part with this guitar.

Thanks for the advice guys and especially Gaz.

There's a really nice Westone Rainbow 1 on ebay.ie at the moment. Based in Cork

1981 Westone Rainbow 1 [matsumoku] vintage electric guitar

$_57.JPG

Japers I don't usually go for those types of guitars but thats a beauty alright

Japers I don't usually go for those types of guitars but thats a beauty alright

I'd be amazed if you didn't have at least some jazz in you Gaz, and that would be the guitar to release it. Release your jazz.

Well I sold one for 350 three years ago so it's certainly not a bargain but a haggle down to 600 would be fair enough I'd reckon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back