Bargains Bargains Bargains (1 Viewer)

They’re opening a distribution centre in d15 too. If that means same day delivery like it does elsewhere dublin retail is going to be in bigger trouble.

Was thinking when it was announced, it's probably not a sign of a healthy jobs market in Ireland when now is the time that they choose to open up here.

we have one of those in the house, grand so far - assuming that's a genuine apple one.
I always think there are two kinds of knock offs - one which is the 'out the back door of the factory' type where people making the OEM product on license bang out a few million extra with slightly altered branding, and outright knockoffs which are probably filled with tinfoil and bad karma.

looks like they either sold them all or they pulled it for being too cheap by mistake and it's now back to €22. Equivalent chargers in currys or harveys or whatever are north of 60 quid.

1655285259097.png

I always think there are two kinds of knock offs - one which is the 'out the back door of the factory' type where people making the OEM product on license bang out a few million extra with slightly altered branding, and outright knockoffs which are probably filled with tinfoil and bad karma.

This is a legitimate Arple product.

looks like they either sold them all or they pulled it for being too cheap by mistake and it's now back to €22. Equivalent chargers in currys or harveys or whatever are north of 60 quid.

View attachment 15819

I've been running my aging macbook hoard off ebay chargers for years. I seach by the model number thats something like A1435 or similar. I've not had any problem other than the laptop being 12 years old and about 2hrs tops off a charge. I've done this about 5 times i think.

I've been running my aging macbook hoard off ebay chargers for years. I seach by the model number thats something like A1435 or similar. I've not had any problem other than the laptop being 12 years old and about 2hrs tops off a charge. I've done this about 5 times i think.
I’ve no MacBook just looking for a decent high power charger.

I’ve no MacBook just looking for a decent high power charger.
ok well i know all my macbooks have that little handshake ritual with chargers going - which i assume is both standard, but also somehow apple have probably found some way to make it proprietary even if it is usbc - i guess if you know someone who uses an apple charger for other devices that'd be good enough indication

ok well i know all my macbooks have that little handshake ritual with chargers going - which i assume is both standard, but also somehow apple have probably found some way to make it proprietary even if it is usbc - i guess if you know someone who uses an apple charger for other devices that'd be good enough indication
Yeah i got a couple of cheap 20w usb chargers and this usb-c power delivery stuff is all a bit new to me. Like, 100w usb-c cables are a thing? I suppose that makes sense - but then what’s this USB quick charge yke?

Ughhh I think I fried what had been an ordinary and previously working usb - lightning cable by trying it out. It's now recognised fine by the phone but won’t charge anything now from any charger.

Better do some reading before I blow up a phone.

Last edited:
the phone handshakes and asks for certain amount of electricity. you'd be as well to check the max charge rates the devices you have
i have a feeling that this particular cable might have acted as a fuse - the phone recognises that it's a cable connected to a charger, it thinks it's charging, but it never gets any power.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back