Barcelona Collapse (1 Viewer)

They've gone off the boil at exactly the worst time possible. It seems to have coincided with Tito Vilanova being absent for cancer treatment, but I don't think that explains it. I've never seen Xavi making so many intercepted or bad passes, or Iniesta and Messi being so nullified as I have in the last couple of weeks. FC Franco could have beaten them by even more. AC Milan are in the driving seat, it could be the end of an era.

They've gone off the boil at exactly the worst time possible. It seems to have coincided with Tito Vilanova being absent for cancer treatment, but I don't think that explains it. I've never seen Xavi making so many intercepted or bad passes, or Iniesta and Messi being so nullified as I have in the last couple of weeks. FC Franco could have beaten them by even more. AC Milan are in the driving seat, it could be the end of an era.

Hopefully it is alright it's a boring as fuck when the "best" team wins. I just think teams have come up with a way of beating them and the fact that it's not pretty doesn't seem to matter anymore. Real got closest to them at their prime but got lambasted for the way they played, to be fair they deserved a lot of that because the likes of Pepe made a show of themselves. Man U didn't change their plans and got destroyed "valiantly" now it seems to be a case of "this is how they will play, they have no plan B, so this is the way you have to play against them and you don't need a plan B". Ozil is really looking a great player lately. Pity it took Real half a season to start playing.

Xavi's been out of sorts for months. He used to run the game. Last night was the worst I've seen him. He was anonymous. Just looked disinterested. I even forgot he was on the pitch. Messi's performance was flat. Iniesta was great as usual but had nobody to play off. There was little of the usual link up play in the final third. Some of the passing errors were shocking, especially out from the back. Real played well, but Barca were beaten too easily. I was waiting for them to kick into gear, but it just never came. Very strange.

Xavi's been out of sorts for months. He used to run the game. Last night was the worst I've seen him. He was anonymous. Just looked disinterested. I even forgot he was on the pitch. Messi's performance was flat. Iniesta was great as usual but had nobody to play off. There was little of the usual link up play in the final third. Some of the passing errors were shocking, especially out from the back. Real played well, but Barca were beaten too easily. I was waiting for them to kick into gear, but it just never came. Very strange.

Bring Pep back til the end of the season!

If their doping is gonna come out it hardly matters if they stop.

If they're doping.

Messi, Ineasta and Xavi have probably played around 250 matches between them since the start of last season and now and Xavi and Ineasta had about 3 weeks off in that time. If they're not doping they're probably dying.

Messi, Ineasta and Xavi have probably played around 250 matches between them since the start of last season and now and Xavi and Ineasta had about 3 weeks off in that time. If they're not doping they're probably dying.

WTF??? Where have I been?? You're saying there are allegations of doping against Spanish players?

barcagif.gif

It's like that Simpsons episode with the football riot

KENT BROCKMAN
(in a commentary booth, bored) Half back passes to the center, back to the wing, back to the center. Center holds it. Holds it. Holds it...

MEXICAN COMMENTATOR
(excitedly) Half back passes to center, back to wing, back to center! Center holds it! Holds it! Holds it!!

It's like that Simpsons episode with the football riot

KENT BROCKMAN
(in a commentary booth, bored) Half back passes to the center, back to the wing, back to the center. Center holds it. Holds it. Holds it...

MEXICAN COMMENTATOR
(excitedly) Half back passes to center, back to wing, back to center! Center holds it! Holds it! Holds it!!

Pretty much. They didn't really create any chances in the second half against Real on Saturday. The penalty they might have gotten in the last minute would have been very soft, one of those "seen them given" types but the dive was way too over the top. Lacking a bit of leadership by the looks of things. Valdes freak out at the end was a bad sign pity there so far ahead it could have been good craic to watch them wobble and limp over the finishing line.

That said Real finally looked the part, I think the fact that the Madrid crowd can maybe finally see the results of what Mourinho is doing is a big help. Neither Ozil or Xavi played on saturday but Real looked like a team. Anyway tuesday should be fascinating.

AVB to take over? That would be amusing. Maybe they'll tempt Jupp out of retirement.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back