Banks (1 Viewer)

In the same situation. I find the Ulster bank extremely useful and simple to transfer between savings/regular accounts etc. So am looking for that functionality without paying loads of fees for day to day payments/ withdrawals etc.
My plan is to switch the current and savings to AIB (meant to have the best app by a distance) and then use Revout for day to day transactions (avoiding the crazy AIB fees)...

yep, they can't move us, so whoever buys the loan book has to honour the arrangement.
Claire Byrne has a lad from the banks on right now and she's giving them a grilling

Turns out she has an account that needs switching and she's not happy; the new banks don't want her kids' accounts

I am also interested in this information.
EBS says they would have written to me.
But forgive me for being a slight bit reluctant to believe they didn't break their back bombing me with post about it

1655983689521.png

I keep a steady eye on my mortgage - but only to a point
I am at 1.5% which seems right (0% plus EBS's bump) but I don't actually know

Gonna ring them today

who are you with? had intended to look into using the LTV to our advantage; the house has probably doubled in value since we bought it so we'd be comfortably be below 50% LTV now.

1.5%? is that a tracker?
i'm paying i think 2.95% on a LTV variable with AIB.
Yes, it's a tracker
Pretty sure I checked the "fixed rate" box in my mortgage application in 2006-ish, but ended up with a tracker by accident. Stroke of luck for me! I think my current rate is <1%
But like my man @egg_ says, it's high for a tracker
It's supposed to be the ECB (0%) plus a little for the EBS to wet their beak
This seems excessive
But I didn't even know how mortgages truly worked back then when I signed

what's an LTV
pretty sure it's this

beer hold GIF

(loan to value)

Last edited:
who are you with? had intended to look into using the LTV to our advantage; the house has probably doubled in value since we bought it so we'd be comfortably be below 50% LTV now.
AIB.
Aye, we bought 10 years ago, so it had well gone up. To be honest it's probably flown up again since the valuation last month. Things are bananas.

was it a very involved process, or do you just write them a letter and say 'our house is worth gazillions, can you drop the mortgage rate, ta?'

was it a very involved process, or do you just write them a letter and say 'our house is worth gazillions, can you drop the mortgage rate, ta?'
Pretty straightforward. You just need to find an auctioneer who is recognised by the bank to do an LTV valuation, I'd say all of the big ones are. We used Finnegans. Download the LTV form from the bank and email it in with the valuation pdf you'll have gotten. Job's a good 'un.

he was the estate agent when i was buying my first house. i'd tell you what i think of him, only pete would be worried about slander.
i think his sons are running the place now. but my dad rang the IAVI to see about making a formal complaint about him, and their reaction was one of confusion.
i called him a liar on the phone to him, but still ended up buying the house.

Hah, that's mad. My wife was on the phone to him recently, we were considering moving away from where we are to get a slightly bigger place. Told us to not even dream of selling, hold on to the house as our retirement fund. Thought it was gas for an auctioneer to be shooing away business like that!

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back