Banks (1 Viewer)

egg_

nerd/hippy
Supporter
Since 1999
Where dogs wear hats and birds fly backwards
I've been banking with Ulster Bank for years and they're closing. Permanent TSB looked good, but their app won't accept my address, and I can't get an appointment with my nearest branch for 2 months. Started setting up an account with AIB's app, but there's no way in the app to start the switching process and calling their number just gets me into a maze of irrelevant options

Any recommendations?

I've been banking with Ulster Bank for years and they're closing. Permanent TSB looked good, but their app won't accept my address, and I can't get an appointment with my nearest branch for 2 months. Started setting up an account with AIB's app, but there's no way in the app to start the switching process and calling their number just gets me into a maze of irrelevant options

Any recommendations?

I opened a BOI account for my mother as she is with Ulster Bank and needs to move. Process has been quite simple so far.

The AIB app is a bloody nightmare, especially the card authenticater app

Any recommendations?

An Post

Any recommendations?
Does it have to be an Irish bank? I moved from Ulster Bank to N26 a couple of years ago and it's been brilliant. No irritating fees every 5 minutes, and loads of perks like car rental discounts etc.

I've been with AIB since college and have always found them great to deal with.

Their app is fine. They're a bit anal about security but I'd want that from my bank.

Maybe head into a branch and go to the customer service desk? Their one-to-one dealings have always been great in my experience.

going from ulster bank to credit union current acc at the minute.

I've a BOI one as well but i sorta need to have two the way things are run around here. 5eu a month.
Was also looking at n26 but there was one thing that couldn't actually pay me to them as much as they claimed it could...

I'm also moving from Ulster bank and I am absolutely walking up the road there to the local credit union for a current account.

We are going to have to move our mortgage too from KBC though so might hang on and see if there could be some sort of dealio on offer

The AIB app is a bloody nightmare, especially the card authenticater app
That card reader thing is a joke

It's like they have outsourced security to me
I have accounts with some other banks - no one else does anything as cumbersome as this
Fucking rigmarole machine morelike

Sorry on reflection i'm not sure how useful that answer is above.

I sorta listed the things i used ulster bank for and then did some comparing with other companies if they'd hit me for fees or what for how i'd use it. The CU wasn't the best fee structure but it suits what i'm doing over the next 8-10 years and it compacted my interactions with banks down a lot.

Like do you want

no fees
or a cheap mortgage
or user friendliness

or something else because it seeems most do one or two of the above but not all

my mortgage is with Ulster. Waiting to see what happens cos I'm one of those lucky pricks on a tracker
They have to leave you on it, right?

ECB are probably going to be bumping that soon, but as we're old lads on the back end of our mortgages, the rate hike won't hit our payments too hard.
Or so my spreadsheets tell me......

They have to leave you on it, right?

ECB are probably going to be bumping that soon, but as we're old lads on the back end of our mortgages, the rate hike won't hit our payments too hard.
Or so my spreadsheets tell me......
yep, they can't move us, so whoever buys the loan book has to honour the arrangement.

i'm with PTSB; happy with the online banking, had a glitch when i moved accounts (had been with national irish/dankse, who left the market) - the woman handling my documentation went on sick leave, but the account closure had been triggered with dankske, and the new account with PTSB had not been set up so i was without an account for a week or so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back