Bands that time forgot (1 Viewer)

needtokill

Website
www.thumped.com
Okay,slow day in work today..been going through a lot of old tapes and 7"s at home over the last while,and unearthed some stuff I hadn't listened to in a while.Kept thinking to myself how weird it is that some bands from the past are held up as almost iconic nowadays while certain other bands have been consigned to seemingly to the dustbin of history in spite of being way better.So I figured I'd start a thread for folks here to post about bands you feel have been ignored or overlooked in the past,that people should check out.

Underclass - This was Peet who went onto be in Narcosis and Hard to Swallow's old band I believe.Tortured screamy hardcore that kind of sounded like Born Against on crack..I have their s/t 7", not really sure what else they did,but it occasionally shows up on distro lists for cheap.Worth a listen if you can get a copy

Fuckface - pre Artimus Pyle I think.2 7"s and an Lp.The first 7" wasn't much use,but the second one "Bastard" I think it's called,is an absolute rager,the opening song is absolutely faceripping.The LP was on 6 weeks and dissappeared really quickly,I've never managed to get my hands on a copy..if anyone has it or anything,I'd love to hear it.

Gee Willickers - I completely forrgot about these until Ash was in my house going through tapes one day and I found them on the end of something.This was Padraic and Willie from DEBT's old band, total Senseless Things/Husker Du pop that was really catchy.There was a split tape with Vertical Urge (Byrneos and Burkie's old band) who were deadly as well..all I have left is 2 of the Gee Willickers songs though..

Enewetak - totally,criminally ignored yank brutality here,cut from the same cloth as bands like Unruh, Cattlepress and Creation is Crucifixion - in other words,brutal metallic grinding hardcore that was influenced by early Earache type stuff. This was long before production values,musical ability, emo clothes and being a poser came into it, when this kind of thing was the preserve of ugly,scruffy fuckers on tiny labels playing in basements. Discovered the first album via Glynn, and it still blows my fucking mind to this day whenever I listen to it.Second album was a bit shit though.Amazingly,they appear to be back together, but I can't hear the tunes on this computer www.myspace.com/supercrust

Fingerprint - French who I think were contemporaries of the better known (and equally godly) Anomie."Emo-crust" before "emo-crust" became a term people started using on message boards..Think a more melodic (I'm loathe to use the word "emo") Rorschach.There was a discography cd a while back you might still be able to get your hands on maybe? This band really are essential I reckon, but bizzarely they seem to be almost completely forgotten about.Listening to them now actually, some of the guitar work is almost like some modern black metal...weeeeiiird...

Harmony As One - These lads were the UK like the UK answer to Infest only darker and more metal in places,and the main guy Pete has since done Scalplock and Flyblown, both of whom are good,HArmony as One were something else.Two twelve inches and a post humous 7" called "Stranger in your own Land". I think there was talk fo a discography cd a few years back but it fell through..shame,these were amazing. If anyone has either of the two 12"s to get rid of,let me know.

more later....

Underclass were brilliant live too.
Harmony As One, got both their 12"s and the 7", amazing band. I so love the song "conscious effort" - ripping stuff.
Ah Fingerprint, heroes.

Underclass - This was Peet who went onto be in Narcosis and Hard to Swallow's old band I believe.Tortured screamy hardcore that kind of sounded like Born Against on crack..I have their s/t 7", not really sure what else they did,but it occasionally shows up on distro lists for cheap.Worth a listen if you can get a copy

http://www.myspace.com/supercrust

Harmony As One - These lads were the UK like the UK answer to Infest only darker and more metal in places,and the main guy Pete has since done Scalplock and Flyblown, both of whom are good,HArmony as One were something else.Two twelve inches and a post humous 7" called "Stranger in your own Land". I think there was talk fo a discography cd a few years back but it fell through..shame,these were amazing. If anyone has either of the two 12"s to get rid of,let me know.

quote]

Saw Underclass a few times myself. Damn good band. I think there was two split 7"s possibly,but the only one I can remember right now was the split with Hard To Swallow.
Harmony As One were amazing. I got laughed at for buying the 12"s at the time but they blew me away.

more of them so:

TVP -Early 90s Belfast Grind.Crushing.Anyone wanna burn me the demos?Gary?Mel?

Embittered - Likewise,I really,really need another copy of this bands's stuff,I haven't heard it in ages.The "And You Ask Why" demo in particular was astounding at the time.UK folks bringing the crusty grind in the early/mid 90s,down tuned brutality with political lyrics from folks that went on to be in Sawn Off,Boxed In,War All The Time,etc..someone really needs to do some sort of discog of this bands stuff,they were fantastic.Released a couple of demos and a few splits, including one with Dystopia I believe

Thug - This was a 2 piece guitar/drums sludge unit with Sean who used to run the legendary Bovine records. Their stuff has been a nightmare to track down, but what little I have (the track on the "Loud and Ugly 2" comp and a split with Apartment 213) is absolutely crushing.People into Cavity/early Floor will freak over these..actually if you've heard Black Cobra,these are almost Identical.Only ten years earlier.And recorded on a four track.

Iabhorer - this was the band that turned into Cattlepress, think there was only this 7" on Slap A Ham ,and some comp tracks.Ex Born Against folks playing sludged out grim hardcore thats borderline death metal in places. This version of the band was a little more traditionally hardcore than the more metallic Cattlepress stuff though from what I remember. Haven't heard this in a while.Rob Levinge,if you're reading - remember I bagsied it first.

John Henry West - if anyone knows the band Bullets In, I reckon they ripped these lads off totally.One 7" on Gravity,post - Fuel pre - Torches to Rome, raging high speed "proper" emo.Incredible,wish they'd done more stuff.

I Spy - Candian band who released a split with Propagandhi which I foolishly sold years ago,cos it was an amazing record.I think the bassist from propgandhi was initally in these.Fast,angry but really melodic hardcore. Kidd Blunt's faster stuff on the split with Puget Sound really reminds me of this band. There was a discography on G7 Welcoming Comitee which I imagine is still available and highly reccomended

I have both the Killercrust demo and split 7". I have to do a tape of Killercrust for someone else,so maybe i'll get my act together now and actually do it.

Gary, tape me some TVP stuff will ya, please.

I have some Embittered stuff on soulseek, the split lp, split 7" and a demo, can easlily put it on a disc if you haven't got soulseek.

Got a cd by I Spy.

Yeah, John Henry West were proper emo, got their stuff.

does anybody remeber JASMINE
006.gif

http://www.stonehengerecords.com/mp3/Jasemine - Silence (Demo Version).mp3
http://www.stonehengerecords.com/mp3/Jasemine%20-%20H%E9ritage%20(Demo%20Version).mp3
especially this second song is fucking classic
i think they start all this "french emo" thing

yeah, I'd never tracked down their stuff actually, nice one for the links there skubol. Anomie and Fingerprint were the only two of those bands whose stuff I had

can anyone tell me about the old swedish band Crudity?

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back