Banana Bread (1 Viewer)

hydromancer

Supporter
Threads
Anyone got a good recipe for this I am trying to put a banana bread plan together I have some nice bourbon I can put into it.

hydromancer

Supporter
Threads
Interesting I have bought some ingredients but won't proceed without some nutmegs

ilovehoovering

Supporter
Threads
Don't think I've made this one but it's a go to site for good recipes for other stuff.

One I've eaten lots of though is from Anna Jones which is vegan but really great with the layer of chocolate in the middle - recipe here.

ilovehoovering

Supporter
Threads
First one sounds a tiny bit too rich. Might give the second one a go. Bonus that it's vegan! Cheers
When the second one gets made in our house it's always a double batch because it's so tasty. I brought one into work once and everyone loved it. It'll keep well for nearly a week as well.

jonah

Supporter
Threads
I think I'll give that a go too, though I can't do nuts. Would it work as well without the nuts?

therealjohnny

Supporter
Threads
I can't cook or bake but even I once made relatively successful banana bread one time. It didn't rise..something to do with the flour I think.

It was tasty though. I had intended showing off to my missus but I'd eaten the whole thing by the time she got home

ilovehoovering

Supporter
Threads
I think I'll give that a go too, though I can't do nuts. Would it work as well without the nuts?
I don't really take much notice of the nuts in it so maybe just lash in some more oats/banana to compensate? I think it usually comes out quite dense so removing nuts shouldn't do too much to it. Maybe!

GO

Now Is Go
Supporter
Threads
I love banana bread.Its more of a cake really.
And boy do I love cake

hydromancer

Supporter
Threads
Maybe fruit like rasin or sultana instead of nut or chocolate lumps. I have pecan and walnuts just need to get some chocolate to melt and add to the wet mix. If I can a find a pestle and mortar I might try to crush some cardamom otherwise cinnamon and nutmeg will be my main two spice maybe I will grate some fresh ginger too will see..

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create a thumped.com account. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

We're listening to...

• Unknown Pleasures
    Interzone - 2007 Remaster
    Joy Division
    Unknown Pleasures

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest posts

Trending Threads

Latest threads