Ballroom of Romance#22 Friday 28th November 2003 (1 Viewer)

billygannon

Contributor
Okay... the last month seems to have flown by. Anyway, the next Ballroom of Romance is on next Friday. Here's the line-up:

Registered Nurse
United Bible Studies
Tilted Tumbler
Hermie in Tweed

It's €6 in at the door and you get a free CD-R with tracks from the bands on it.

Burning the CD-Rs this weekend, so more on the bands in a bit!

You can hear some of Registered Nurse's stuff at http://www.pharmacyrecords.com

And I'll try to put up some Mp3's onto the Ballroom site... which is http://www.ballroomofromance.com

Oh! And Happy Birthday to Phil the compere/drummer/decorator. He's a year older today.

lorcanzo said:
why?
was it reviewed in the turbine?
you read phoenix too yeah?

Mr. Philip Murray, Temple Bar resident, was the subject of a nice right-hand page feature called "My Place"..or something in the Tribune's property supplement yesterday.

Was just all about his life and shit. And the Ballroom was mentioned at several strategic moments.

Cool.

Best moment of Phil's birthday party was when we playing mid song, everyone unbeknownst to had been handed out Phil Masks on sticks and held them. Approx 50 Phils dancing to the music. I nearly fell over when I finally noticed :D

Unclealo said:
Don't mind us southsiders :). Does Near have an internet stream yokey?
Stop showing us up, you.:mad:
The answer is no.

See, think about it. It's a community station, and by definition, the programming is a service to the immediate community, the people in which can pick it up on the wireless, thus negating the need for a stream, in theory.

It'd be nice for people everywhere to hear the station and for us to boost our listenership but we're not commercial so it doesn't matter in that sense.

I actually don't know any community station that has a live stream.

And that's that.

Holy crapola! This was on the third page.

Anyways... just did the Ballroom CD-R master thingy. United Bible Studies track is excellent. It's called Tributaries of the River Styx under Dublin.

hag said:
photos of hallowe'en? :p
I hope these things show up. If no photos show up with this post, it's because I'm tech-inept. I apologise for putting up two photos that I am in, but, well, they're all I had. Actually, I've got one of Mark the Nazi, too, but for some reason, it's not in my computer.

Mr Hayes, you looked SCAAAARY. I was afraid of the Hulk when I was a kid, but now, all of a sudden, I'm afraid of boxes.

jane said:
I hope these things show up. If no photos show up with this post, it's because I'm tech-inept. I apologise for putting up two photos that I am in, but, well, they're all I had. Actually, I've got one of Mark the Nazi, too, but for some reason, it's not in my computer.

Mr Hayes, you looked SCAAAARY. I was afraid of the Hulk when I was a kid, but now, all of a sudden, I'm afraid of boxes.

..mommy needs her drinkys baby..gas.

Latex lizzie said:
..mommy needs her drinkys baby..gas.
Yah, so one little nap in the yahd and mummy's a fuckin' drunk, huh? Mummy's not a fuckin' drunk.

I had this other idea to carry one of those little doggie sweaters and walk around shouting, 'Who took mummy's puppy!? Hm? He was in this sweatah a owa ago, and now: sweatah, whaya's puppy?'

But the headless Barbie (ahem) would have made me even scarier. I still think the Nazi takes the spooky prize, though it would have been better if he walked around with a brain (yes, a real one) in a jar, saying, in his best Austro-Germanic accent, 'No, VEE saved Hitler's brain.'

Ach! Gassy

Check it out... Registered Nurse will be at Dublin airport at 2.40pm. It's Ryanair flight FR115. If there are any screaming girls who have the afternoon free, the scene would greatly appreciate your presence there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back