Ballroom of Romance # 16: Friday May 9th 2003 (1 Viewer)

All the CD-Rs are burned, labelled and packaged.

Fuck it.... enough of the small talk... this is just for getting it up the board.

Line-up for the 20th of June looks like it's sorted. It's radical man. Radical.

Hup.

Sorting out a discount for Ballroomers for the Formika gig in Grey's. That starts at 12.30... and goes on until three (in the morning). Also playing at this is a mad German fella who wears Napolean outfits.

So...

Blackfort Organics Art Gallery (drumming frenzies)....

onto the Ballroom (indie-pop madness)....

then onto Formika (electronic beats)...

A night of loads of music

And all for something like a tenner... and a free CD-R. You can't lose man...

DRAT were the best band to play at the Ballroom yet.

Really professional (they drove down and back to Belfast with all their own equipment - including drum-kit)... ridiculously sound... brilliant set....

You lot better start bringing these boys down. They're nothing like Watercress. Grandaddy/Pavement vibe going on and everyone seemed to be well-impressed.

Robert Blake was deadly too... only the second act to keep the crowd at the Ballroom quiet (Mumblin' Deaf Ro' being the other). Looking forward to having him back later this year or possibly next year.

muchos gracias

we (drat) had a great time.
a home away from home, if you will.
or even if you won't.
great crowd, great pints, bad hangover.
cans in the van all the way to belfast.
can't wait to play the ballroom again.
it was even better than we thought it would be.
and deputy fuzz were brill.

must...

have..........................
.................. ........coffee.........

Originally posted by Knacker
Cat on Form from Brighton, who are on Southern Records, have been confirmed for Ballroom of Romance#17 (which is the 20th June). There's stuff on them at http://www.diskant.net/catonform/

So the line-up shall be:

Cat on Form
Tracer AMC
Puget Sound
Wormholes

Back of the net

they got a single out on vacuous pop, it's vg so it is

That was a good night, so it was...I learned there's a place down the country called Multyfarnham (like Rathfarnham, only multi), got fed by some Knacker and discovered that no, they don't have any Chianti in Gig's Place ("we have Spanish red and Liebfraumilch" - I dunno why they bother saying "Spanish", since it's the only red they have anyway...?)

Oh, and the gig...can't say I was hugely impressed by Robert Blake, but he was okay...Pete Moss was good, thought the band helped, but you couldn't really hear his between-song banter, which was unfortunate...Drat weren't bad, but they're not really my cup of tea...and Deputy Fuzz were fairly good as well...so that's my (anodyne) two cents...

I kinda have to agree with Billy Knacker on the Drat deal.

I think they were really my favorite performance I've seen at a ballroom. Loved the hard emo pop thing going on there.

Keith Moss was lovely to meet and even nicer to look at, but something about the timbre of his voice combined with the shit sound wasn't working for me...it all sounded muddled. However, I'm quite sure his show at the Sugar Club will be a bit more refined.

Really wanted to see Mr. Blake, but I missed him.

Deputy Fuzz were great as always...they're new songs are really catchy and while I was hoping to hear the gopher song, I forgot they didn't play it until right now...and why was there set so short?

But WHAT THE FUCK IS UP WITH OUR SOUND GUY???? Bronwyn went through the first song without her mic on. The guy running the board was GONE during the whole first song. How does that happen? Can someone talk to him? Every show he does something that frustrates me as a paying audience member. Whether we're paying him or whether he's a volunteer, he needs to be supervised or managed. Can we just at least let him know what the expectations are?

There, that's my three cents.

!baggyyyy

Drat were really professional. They sounded really good, and I was impressed by their skill on stage. All those gadgets like. But I tended to love the beginning and the ends of their songs more than the bits in the middle. Just a few of them seemed to repeat themselves for me. But their bests songs were really solid. Great singers too. Impressive stuff, I'd say they could be exceptional if they worked more on their inventive side throughout their songs instead of just the intros and outros.

The sound let down Keith Moss and the Fuzz, their new songs are cool tho. Good nights music. Enjoyed it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back