Ballroom#95: Spook/ Mumblin' Deaf Ro/ Groom/ Owensie (1 Viewer)

Why was the crap music between the bands even louder than the bands? Surely that's the time to chat, the place was full of people I hadn't seen in ages but got to talk to very few of them. No interest in chatting while a band is on, can't chat when the interval music is on... Al, sort that shit.

Anyway, Al, you were wondering about January ballrooms always being deadly. Look at Friday's line-up. Woulda been rammed anytime.

That was such a fun night. What I could hear of Owensie sounded lovely. Groom, MDR and Spook all played blinders and Brian deserves some kind of endurance award.

Great to see so many familiar faces too.

I second Anthony's point about the music between bands being too loud. Ever since Daire got that positive review in whatever rubbish music mag it was he's been getting ideas about himself and cranking the volume up. I vote we send a delegation to get him to turn the volume down next ballroom. Unlike that reviewer most people go to the ballroom for the bands, not the DJ.

RE: DJ volume. I'll sort it out folks

RE: #100. That's the plan. I've too much going on and need some extra time. I need to think a bit more about it, but pending an overhall of the format, and a load of extra heads involved I'd be up for doing something similar again (after a bit of a break :) )

yeah, he was even louder than me. I mean, I'm all for loud music, especially if its sepultura's biotech is godzilla, which is what i would play if i were given the dj slot. and pantera's 'primal concrete sledge'. oh yeah! and peter gabriel's 'sledgehammer' oh oh oh and 'head over heels'. I'd even act out the piano bits. it'd be a blast!

Why was the crap music between the bands even louder than the bands? Surely that's the time to chat, the place was full of people I hadn't seen in ages but got to talk to very few of them. No interest in chatting while a band is on, can't chat when the interval music is on... Al, sort that shit.

Anyway, Al, you were wondering about January ballrooms always being deadly. Look at Friday's line-up. Woulda been rammed anytime.

So that's what it was. I must be a bit slow to cop on to this shit. The only time I really got to talk to anyone was outside but it was so cold that it was hard to pay attention, and then inside it was just too hard to float about and strike up a conversation at the bar or whatever, except the likes of...

"hey man, great gig!"

"Sorry man, I dont smoke..."

"wha......"

Was Das Nugs there? I saw some faces from the YEah Deadlies but didnt know who Nugs was.

right after soundcheck I was tidying up my gear at the front of the stage, stupidly I took out my ear plugs while I was beside the (then silent) speakers and then suddenly BRRANNNGGG!!! some really loud rockabilly comes roaring out of them at top volume. I actually had to dive out of the way.

so yeah +1 on giving the 'DJ' a slap on the wrists!

So that's what it was. I must be a bit slow to cop on to this shit. The only time I really got to talk to anyone was outside but it was so cold that it was hard to pay attention, and then inside it was just too hard to float about and strike up a conversation at the bar or whatever, except the likes of...

"hey man, great gig!"

"Sorry man, I dont smoke..."

"wha......"

Was Das Nugs there? I saw some faces from the YEah Deadlies but didnt know who Nugs was.

I wuz there alright. Just got to say hello to you on the my way out...can't remember what I was on about.

Great gig.

How about only allowing the ink spots as interval music? would that help?

Hi again Das Nugs, I think I walked away just as you were getting into your impersonation of me

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back