Bali Bombing: How the fuck did they let it happen? (1 Viewer)

Speed Racer

Website
www.c64.com
I was fairly shocked to see the news on Sunday morning, but to be honest, I was really wondering how the fuck did they let Al Qaeda do this if they (US, UK) were winning the war on terror as they call it. Pushing for war in Iraq? THey should've been probing Indonesia and the Philipines more like. Just goes to show, they ignore the real threat of terrorism, to get into an Oil War. Large rusty Spanners They are!

Originally posted by Speed Racer
THey should've been probing....the Philipines more like.

Ahem.... the Philipino embassy was also attacked. It's a predominantly Catholic country.

Sorry... just being a prude.

Originally posted by dubh in seattle
yeah, boy george and his evil cabal are trying to prop up the whole cliche'd but real military/industrial ferks. HUGE protests here every day, I promise not everybody is on the jingo band wagon here! He's a step away from the domestic situ getting ugly fast, the faster he's out of power the better.

Its strange whats happening. Any semblance of democracy seems to be dissappearing. In the U.S. all we hear over here is that everyone is pro-war, but those who care to look further will find that its not at all the case. So why is a country going to war when its people don't want it???

Britain is worse again. Tony Blair, Jack straw and a few others are calling for war on Iraq, when people within labour don't want war and the whole country is practically united against a war??

Do these people have to be overthrown?? Are they just willing ignore the will of there people??

Re: Re: Bali Bombing: How the fuck did they let it happen?

Originally posted by billygannon
Ahem.... the Philipino embassy was also attacked. It's a predominantly Catholic country.

Sorry... just being a prude.

I know that, but there have been small groups of militant Islamics kidnapping Western tourists in the Philippines, once they cut their heads off! Thats only 3 weeks ago. Mr.Prude

Re: Re: Re: Bali Bombing: How the fuck did they let it happen?

I know that, but there have been small groups of militant Islamics kidnapping Western tourists in the Philippines, once they cut their heads off! Thats only 3 weeks ago. Mr.Prude

They work for me.

Ahem.

I was fairly shocked to see the news on Sunday morning, but to be honest, I was really wondering how the fuck did they let Al Qaeda do this if they (US, UK) were winning the war on terror as they call it. Pushing for war in Iraq? THey should've been probing Indonesia and the Philipines more like. Just goes to show, they ignore the real threat of terrorism, to get into an Oil War. Large rusty Spanners They are!

Nobody has said it's Al Qaeda apart from maybe the US Thief in Chief. There are numerous Islamic fundamentalist groups in Indonesia. It's a bloody populous country (215 million) with a very big Islamic majority (88%ish) Some of the millitants have up to 10,000 people fighting for them.

Originally posted by flashpants
Nobody has said it's Al Qaeda apart from maybe the US Thief in Chief. There are numerous Islamic fundamentalist groups in Indonesia. It's a bloody populous country (215 million) with a very big Islamic majority (88%ish) Some of the millitants have up to 10,000 people fighting for them.

What he said.

link re: local issues in Indonesia

Originally posted by flashpants

Ok, local Indonesian Islamic militants, loosely connected to Al Qaeda. That wasn't my point anyway. My point was that they're not watching out for the real terrorists threat. They just want a war with Iraq. So there.

They have been watching Indonesia and have been putting pressure on the Indonesian government to deal with these groups. It's just the present Indonesian government is pretty weak when it comes to this sort of thing. That and the fact there are several thousand islands in the country which adds to the difficulty of trying to police it especially when you can't 100% rely on your army to back you up.

The yanks should definately bomb Iraq now though, it would sort everything out even northern Ireland. Definately the most sensible, prudent thing to do. ;)

Ok, local Indonesian Islamic militants, loosely connected to Al Qaeda. That wasn't my point anyway. My point was that they're not watching out for the real terrorists threat. They just want a war with Iraq. So there.
What rubbish. It's so easy in Indonesia to prepare and execute an atrocity such as this. You only need a car, some explosives and 17,000 islands to prepare the bomb and then hide. There is very little that anyone can do to prevent this act in a predominantly Muslim country like Indonesia.
Just goes to show, they ignore the real threat of terrorism, to get into an Oil War. Large rusty Spanners They are!
For once, instead of blaming the yanks, try blaming the terrorists, e.g Al Quaeda and connected groups. If you're going to criticise Dubya et al, at least do it for a justified reason (e.g. war on Iraq), not as a result of the deaths of 200 innocent Aussies, Brits, Indonesians, etc.

Originally posted by InsidePoint
What rubbish. ........................................................e.g Al Quaeda and connected groups. If you're going to criticise Dubya et al, at least do it for a justified reason (e.g. war on Iraq), not as a result of the deaths of 200 innocent Aussies, Brits, Indonesians, etc.

You completely missed the point. War on terror doesn't work when you ignore a problem that everyone knows about, just coz its damn hard to control and wage war on an old enemy instead. Clearer?

You completely missed the point. War on terror doesn't work when you ignore a problem that everyone knows about, just coz its damn hard to control and wage war on an old enemy instead. Clearer?
I disagree. The Yanks have been getting criticism from around the world for the last year for actually running a "War on Terrorism". e.g. from The Guardian. But when something like the Bali bomb does happen, they get stick for not doing enough. As usual, they're damned if they do, and damned if they don't. Of course, what the Yank-bashers should remember is that they did issue a warning over Indonesia, and it looks now like it wasn't heeded:
The Prime Minister, John Howard, yesterday admitted that Australia received recent US intelligence identifying Bali as a possible target of a terrorist attack on Western tourists but had decided not to change its advice to Australian holidaymakers.
So in fact, the US didn't ignore problem.

[/URL]
So in fact, the US didn't ignore problem.

I never said that it was the USA's fault that Bali was bombed (thats ridiculous), but if they did want to wage a war on terror, surely they would have put thousands of their troops on as many islands as possible (or suspicious ones) in a military police crackdown. Based on intelligence info. What the fuck is the point of attacking Iraq by pretending their in cahoots with Al Qaeda? Isn't it ignoring the REAL threat? Which is the hundreds of Militant Jihad groups hiding and plotting in the islands.

The Yanks aren't planning to attack Iraq because of the Al Qaeda threat. Their reasoning is that Saddam has Weapons of Mass Destruction (tm) and that he will use them to destabilise the entire region.

The reason they didn't go into Indonesia is that the government there could not be seen to be siding with the US for fear of the reprisals that would occur from the millitant Islamic extremists. Also they had very little reason or right to.

And your point is? I looked through that site couldn't find one mention of the Bali bomb. Not surprised - most far-left/anarchist sites are very selective of what they support or oppose. An extremist organisation that deliberately targets innocent civilians is ignored - the only reason, of course, is because they are enemies the US. Sickening.

I looked through that site couldn't find one mention of the Bali bomb. Not surprised - most far-left/anarchist sites are very selective of what they support or oppose. An extremist organisation that deliberately targets innocent civilians is ignored - the only reason, of course, is because they are enemies the US. Sickening.

Ah jaysus InsidePoint
The site that Silo posted a link to is an anti-war in Iraq site. I can't really see how a terrorist attack in Bali is relevant to whether or not the US should wage war on Iraq. You're 'sickened' because Bali is 'ignored'? Are you also sickened because the activities of the Continuity IRA and the Tamil Tigers are ignored? Come on now Ted

p.s. Aren't you very selective about what you support/oppose? I know I am

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back