bad reviews (3 Viewers)

Ah it's pleasant enough I think. I've heard much worse. They really have the knives out for him .

This is behind a paywall but it's more of the same

"It's said that great artists are not afraid to flirt with banality, and occasionally Einaudi goes farther, giving it a warm embrace. "

That whole melancholy piano thing is HUGE on Spotify. I like it - not everything needs to be ground-breaking

This, for example, is IMO gorgeous
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Working on a few sad-piano tracks meself these days. No lyrics to make up! No mixing! Easy to record! Sure how could you go wrong

The writer has form! No idea who Karl Jenkins is btw

Karl Jenkins is a similarly join-the-dots melancholy composer.

Obviously not everything has to be avant garde or challenging but Einaudi and Jenkins are beiger than beige. They’re the classical equivalent of those indie bands that all sound like soundtracks for mobile phone company ads. Or Coldplay. Compare those composers to Arvo Pärt or Philip Glass and you can easily hear how you can make glorious but almost universally accessible music. Or even the likes of Dustin O’Halloran or Nils Frahm if you want something a bit more contemporary. No mad experimental bits but equally they don’t feel like the vapid audio porridge produced by the Einaudi Touching Music Algorithm Bot 5000.

Karl Jenkins is a similarly join-the-dots melancholy composer.

Obviously not everything has to be avant garde or challenging but Einaudi and Jenkins are beiger than beige. They’re the classical equivalent of those indie bands that all sound like soundtracks for mobile phone company ads. Or Coldplay. Compare those composers to Arvo Pärt or Philip Glass and you can easily hear how you can make glorious but almost universally accessible music. Or even the likes of Dustin O’Halloran or Nils Frahm if you want something a bit more contemporary. No mad experimental bits but equally they don’t feel like the vapid audio porridge produced by the Einaudi Touching Music Algorithm Bot 5000.
Nils Frahm is borderline vapid audio porridge at times, to be fair.

To the bemusement of classical music critics, Ludovico Einaudi's gentle ascent to world domination continues ...
In fairness, almost nobody is interested in contemporary classical music. Without govt/philanthropic funding it would be long dead. I'm v surprised classical music critics even exist anymore

EBwe8NdXYAANF5t

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back