Bad Date Stories (1 Viewer)

Once I was out for a drink with a lovely Finnish girl. When she met me first she said I looked really familiar but I get that a lot so it didn't bother me. Halfway through the night though she admitted that I bore a striking resemblance to her ex-boyfriend.

Why would you tell someone that?

morning jew.

3rd+year+082.jpg

reading that caused me to cough a load of dirty ol phlegm all over the counter in work,thank god i was on my own at the time!

I went on a date, once. at the end of dinner I take out my wallet to go splitsies. (Being young and poor and all). He says " I'll pay this time, but you needn't think you can bleed me dry."

eek. last time I saw him.

what a man!
Once I was out for a drink with a lovely Finnish girl. When she met me first she said I looked really familiar but I get that a lot so it didn't bother me. Halfway through the night though she admitted that I bore a striking resemblance to her ex-boyfriend.

Why would you tell someone that?

surely that would mean yr away?

it's two hours of drinking fast and avoiding awkward silences.

ah that reminds me about 10 years ago when I ws in college I was fucking obsessed with a girl in my class, one day I got it together and we went out on a date to the pub and then a gig. I hadn't eaten anything all day and we hit the pub early, for every vodka she was drinking I was knocking back double whiskeys with youthful exuberance. By six o clock i was making little sense. Around 7 o clock I went into the jacks and couldnt stop puking, hugging the toilet for support, or just sleeping on the ground. First she sent in a friend of hers who was in a different part of the pub and he couldn't get me out, after about another half an hour she realises Im fucking fucked and I give her the tickets and she heads off to give them to some friends we knew wanted them and come back to me. So she comes into the toilet, tries to get me out of the toilet, im too fucked to have a clue whats happening, keep getting sick so cant leave. While shes gone her brother (who is the fucking barman) comes in and tells me I have to get out, so I finally start coming around and leave the toilets (about 2 hours after entering them) and proceed to fall over and try and sleep on a couch in a pub, eventually Im led outside by her aforementioned mate and he watches over me as I sit on ranelagh main st at about 9 on a tuesday afternoon fucking wankered. Still in fairness to her she came back to me, walked me to hers and tucked me into her bed. It worked out we were best as 'friends' :p

So I guess that might've been her worse date ever!

Still a great mate of mine to this day.

I really don't get the way yanks approach dating! seem's like it's their way of being able to go out with someone but also shag whoever else they want. "it's not that serious, we're only dating" and all that. weird yokes them yanks are. weird.

Also went on a date with a girl in new york, she had a 'rocket queen' tattoo and as a massive guns n roses fan it was like a teenage wet dream, so we spent a day together, first off she convinces me that I should sit in the driver seat of his masive suv so she can double park in central new york and tells me to just drove around the block if the copscome (and new yokr pigs are fucking mental), needless to say I had no licence (but could drive) and had a fair bit of weed on my person, she heads into a shop to get some pay off an ex employer, when she comes out of the shop she tells me that she actually stole the car from her mother earlier that day who had kicked her out a few weeks back. Anyway I thought fuckit and we went to a bar.

Later we headed back to where she was staying and I suddenly noticed she started nodding off, worked in enough homeless shetlers to know what the hell she had just taken pretty fast, at that point I had a decent look at her arms an realised she was a junkie. Great days.

However now she's off drugs, is happily married and has a kid. Life is strange.

I really don't get the way yanks approach dating! seem's like it's their way of being able to go out with someone but also shag whoever else they want. "it's not that serious, we're only dating" and all that. weird yokes them yanks are. weird.

No, it's more like.... you can go out on dates with many people to get to know you'd you like to actively know better. Once you connect with someone there is usually a discussion about it being exclusive, which would then stop each other from being with anyone else.

I don't get the.... let's get piss drunk, go home together then decide in the sober light if you're even willing to send a text for a possible date. It seems so backward to me.

No, it's more like.... you can go out on dates with many people to get to know you'd you like to actively know better. Once you connect with someone there is usually a discussion about it being exclusive, which would then stop each other from being with anyone else.

I don't get the.... let's get piss drunk, go home together then decide in the sober light if you're even willing to send a text for a possible date. It seems so backward to me.

Would you not find it weird going on a second, third or fourth date with someone knowing that they may have been with a different person every night since you last saw them?

our fine country was built on this approach!

ehh yeah i kinda see your point actually

Would you not find it weird going on a second, third or fourth date with someone knowing that they may have been with a different person every night since you last saw them?

Honestly, probably not. That said, I normally don't go out with the type of men who would/could sleep with different women that often. Maybe I've naive. And if it were just drinks with other girls, I'd certainly wouldn't have a problem.

It just takes me a few times to see if I mix well with people. I can only assume it would be that way for them too. I don't like to make quick judgements. Sure, I can be undeniably attracted to someone physically but that doesn't mean we'd be a good couple. And sometimes I may not be attracted at first but the more I know them the more it grows. Keeping options open seems like a better idea than repeated walks of shame and feeling like shit, no?

ETA: If you're a guy and you got the ride you probably don't feel like shit. ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back