Babysitting (1 Viewer)

I love babysitting for my sister when I come back to Ireland. Kids are 5, 3 and 1. Fucking gas so they are.

I think an hour is my upper limit. They spent the whole time asking for candy and cookies. And fighting over a goddamn chair.

I don't mind taking them to the cinema and stuff. They're on my turf then.
But in their own home, they really have the upper hand.

Nothing worse than kids in a cinema.
Ah there's definitely worse things to be found in the cinema. For instance, I was at Italian movie The Great Beauty and this middle-aged couple behind me were just yapping away. Benefit of the doubt lasted 20 minutes, and when I turned around to ask them to keep it down the guy went totally ballistic, stuck his face in mine with teeth bared and said "Fuck off! It's a fucking foreign film, you can reading the fucking subtitles, I'm trying to have a conversation!" You'd think yo'd be safe enough at a foreign film that the audience might be a little more conscientious than the average punter, but no. Kids in the cinema, when it's a kids film, makes it more enjoyable for me cos they react so well to what's happening. In the right context, the noise is fine, even appropriate. But I guess that's not for everyone. As for babysitting; I think kids are great craic but you do have to dig deep into the energy reserves to keep up with them, especially when they're on their own turf.

Ah there's definitely worse things to be found in the cinema. For instance, I was at Italian movie The Great Beauty and this middle-aged couple behind me were just yapping away. Benefit of the doubt lasted 20 minutes, and when I turned around to ask them to keep it down the guy went totally ballistic, stuck his face in mine with teeth bared and said "Fuck off! It's a fucking foreign film, you can reading the fucking subtitles, I'm trying to have a conversation!" You'd think yo'd be safe enough at a foreign film that the audience might be a little more conscientious than the average punter, but no. Kids in the cinema, when it's a kids film, makes it more enjoyable for me cos they react so well to what's happening. In the right context, the noise is fine, even appropriate. But I guess that's not for everyone. As for babysitting; I think kids are great craic but you do have to dig deep into the energy reserves to keep up with them, especially when they're on their own turf.

Jesus Christ. Fucking people, man. "I'm having a conversation" The fuck.

I'm with you on the kids. You're usually bringing them to a kids film anyway so pretty much everyone is there with kids.
The one exception was the Muppets. I brought a kid to that and it was all adults there. Weird.

The cinema near me does family screenings. So they have big films on and it's understood that there will be kids there.
Last year when The Master was on, Jack White was playing in town. He went to see the afternoon screening and kept moving when someone with a kid sat near him. In the end him and his companion were just laughing at the whole thing and I have some lovely photos of him and my friend with er kid in the lobby.

Ah there's definitely worse things to be found in the cinema. For instance, I was at Italian movie The Great Beauty and this middle-aged couple behind me were just yapping away. Benefit of the doubt lasted 20 minutes, and when I turned around to ask them to keep it down the guy went totally ballistic, stuck his face in mine with teeth bared and said "Fuck off! It's a fucking foreign film, you can reading the fucking subtitles, I'm trying to have a conversation!" You'd think yo'd be safe enough at a foreign film that the audience might be a little more conscientious than the average punter, but no.f.
i think, knowing the type of person i am, i would have escalated this into a fist fight. what a cunt.

i think, knowing the type of person i am, i would have escalated this into a fist fight. what a cunt.
Ha! I'm not the fightin' type (translation:I'm pretty weedy), so I just went and told on him. Usher came in, said a couple of words, I spent the rest of the film waiting for the guy to punch me in the back of the head. So I couldn't really appreciate it, but could tell it was good. Must watch it again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back