Baby Freecycle (1 Viewer)

billygannon

Contributor
Okay... I am being really, really cheap here.

But here's an idea... how about this...

When you have a kid and you no longer need the stuff, perhaps you could say that you've got this and that and it's available for other people?

So, you know, you might have a crib that you no longer need... and someone with a new kid could need something like that.

Just a thought...

I think this is a great idea... I pm-ed billy a few days ago saying that I'd pass on our coolest babygros and stuff to himself and Jo. Sionnach is 6 weeks old today and is already in size 3-6month old stuff. Meanwhile, i'm left with an ever growing sack of shit i don't need anymore.

Also, people seem to automatically buy baby outfits for new parents which I find wasteful considering my baby spends all her time in comfy stuff- not pink knacker tracksuits from dunnes adorned with the word "Princess".

we bought a bunch of stuff from here (http://www.nippazwithattitude.com/clothing.html) so it'll be on the way soon billy...
love and hate scratch mittens and everything!

Works out so expensive when you add it all up doesnt it? I mean that babygrow is 21.50 and I'm thinking how many do you go through? I remember a friend telling me the first year of a babys life you can go through about five six grand, its madness for such a small creature

well that was given to me from a friend who also has a kid- i presume he just didn't fit into it when it was given to HIM first and so, she just passed it on. Sionnach only got a week out of wearing it. No-one told me they grow this quickly!

Mother care do packets of 3 babygros for €16 and you need two packets to keep going (presuming you're doing at least one wash a day, taking into consideration they might get shite on or leak out of their nappy and the belly button gunk goes on their vests and gets real crusty)

A packet of 3 vests is a tenner.

I looked at stuff in pennys the last day but dunno about quality etc.

yeah I figured that I know some people who go to town showing off their kids, they have this thing that if the baby looks good it'll take from them. The poor kids dont know whats going on ;) I can see though how the costs of things add up, with relations to pushchairs, cots, all the other equipment that they use.

Works out so expensive when you add it all up doesnt it?
Totally depends. We've spent very little on egg_ jr - most clothes and equipment were presents and hand-me-downs, we use washable nappies (these we bought and they were expensive) and she was fed first on breastmilk and then on whatever we're eating. Good job too, we spent most of her first year profoundly broke

We bought the washable / cloth nappies but never really used them in the end.

Did they work out ok for you?
Yep, still using them. Not really any good at nighttime, apart from that they're fine - not as absorbent as disposables, but fine. The infant ones we bought were a bit of a waste cos she grew out of them so quick

Hopefully we'll get a chance to toilet train her this spring/summer, would be great to put nappies behind us. So far she's done a wee in her potty twice - once by accident and once while standing in it

Works out so expensive when you add it all up doesnt it? I mean that babygrow is 21.50 and I'm thinking how many do you go through? I remember a friend telling me the first year of a babys life you can go through about five six grand, its madness for such a small creature
Maybe there was an ulterior motive. We spent nothing near that after ours were born. Hospital fees may add up but after they get out it's not too much. Cloth nappies will cost about 200 for a year, breastfeeding the baby will cost the mother in food but not the child, that'll do for sole food for nearly 6 months. Buggy, car seat (if you have one) cot and assorted toys shouldn't cost that much. Big expense is when they get older, damn those dance classes!

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back