Avatar - James Cameron (1 Viewer)

• Thread starter tim
  • Start date
  • Replies 118
  • Views 13K
  • Watchers 4
aha.jpg

All the reviews just keep gushing about the imagery. It just looks like PS3 cutscenes to me. These reviewers have obviously never played a game before in their lives.

All the reviews just keep gushing about the imagery. It just looks like PS3 cutscenes to me. These reviewers have obviously never played a game before in their lives.

I don't think the filmmakers did either. So they made no effort to make it not like one.

anyway, here is my review:

1195590965_5491.jpg

Storywise it's nothing you haven't seen before or gleaned from the trailer.
It's a fun adventure with some stock Cameron characters and situations.
It looks great, the 3-D is very 'deep'.
I'm not sure how mould-breaking it is, but it is a visual treat.
The movie is long, I'd guess about 2 1/2 hours. Good if you like it, bad if you don't.
I liked it.

Sigourney Weaver's avatar is smokin'.

Storywise it's nothing you haven't seen before or gleaned from the trailer.
It's a fun adventure with some stock Cameron characters and situations.
It looks great, the 3-D is very 'deep'.
I'm not sure how mould-breaking it is, but it is a visual treat.
The movie is long, I'd guess about 2 1/2 hours. Good if you like it, bad if you don't.
I liked it.

I liked it as well.

But it's just a bunch of caricatures running around a story you've heard a million times before, quite boring. every single thing I thought would happen happened and exactly nothing else. My favourite was Michelle Rodriguez reprising every character she's ever played.

also, what was with the rear-view mirrors on the walking-mechsuit thingys? Couldn't afford a camera among all their technology?

I thought it was pretty class. The story is fairly dopey, good idea but poor implementation without enough depth and thought, but who cares cause you can just sit back and look at all the amazing shots. Dunno why the Small Soldiers general was in it really.

Cinefex75.jpg

Surely being absolutely baked when you see it is a prerequisite?

That's my plan.

Oh and should I go to this or Where the Wild Things are? Or just skip both and go to A Serious Man. Or just go to nothing and stay in and watch Bad Lieutenant Port Of Call New Orleans AGAIN because its bafflingly terrible.

Saw a six minute trailer of this two weeks ago, and it was exactly like that only longer. I honestly can't figure out if it was good or bad. It was just.... Inevitable. Great special effects though and the forest lit up at night made me want to take mushrooms.

Saw it this evening (its 11.00 o clock where i am just in case yizzer wondering what i´m doing here at 4 in the morning). Pretty much what Cormoclash said. Nice imagery hollow story, was thinking along the lines of District 9 when i went to see it but not near as good. Fun though

I thought I would hate this. However, despite the hollow storyline, I really enjoyed it. Visual feast is right.

the fact that more or less everyone on the planet seems to have said precisely this statement is leading me think that Avatar is some sort of plot to take over the world.
No marketing can be this pervasive.
Or can it?
Can Avatar create a massive army of virtual people, TV shows and fake websites that run for years initially seeming real, yet all ultimately turn out to be nothing more advertising?

Is this how the Zombie Apocalypse happens?

Avatar is an outgrowth and convergence of Scientology and Skynet right?

I'm one too then Flashback! Saw it last night.. I'd imagine if you were on some kind of psychedelic yer head might pop. It's the most colourful movie I've ever seen! The facial animation on the aliens was extraordinary too.

Dialogue was just above Lucas though. JUST.

I'm defo gonn scab some shrooms offa me mate and go see this on the strength of this thread!

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back