Avatar - James Cameron (1 Viewer)

• Thread starter tim
  • Start date
  • Replies 118
  • Views 13K
  • Watchers 4
Saw it this evening (its 11.00 o clock where i am just in case yizzer wondering what i´m doing here at 4 in the morning). Pretty much what Cormoclash said. Nice imagery hollow story, was thinking along the lines of District 9 when i went to see it but not near as good. Fun though

Yeah, I was totally thinking "This is class, but it needs some guy running about shouting "FOCK! FOCK! FOCKING PRAWNS!"

What a fucking load of bollix! It may look good, it may sound a lil something, but fuck the game if it ain't saying nothing. Why don't people expect more from cinema than this?

It had the most clichéd set of characters, a painfully predictable storyline, and non-sensical application of technology. Also, the most second most annoying aliens I have ever seen. Jar-Jar Binksworld is scarcely more annoying. I'm surprised they didn't have any 3D djembes in it, maybe they did.

Mr. Cameron, go away now with your wunderbar technology and get a fucking decent script and come back to us in another couple of decades.

I might go see this at the weekend in 3D - what's the best cinema for the experience? All the listings I can see mention nothing about their 3D technology, are places using RealD 3D or Dolby 3D?

What a fucking load of bollix! It may look good, it may sound a lil something, but fuck the game if it ain't saying nothing. Why don't people expect more from cinema than this?

It had the most clichéd set of characters, a painfully predictable storyline, and non-sensical application of technology. Also, the most second most annoying aliens I have ever seen. Jar-Jar Binksworld is scarcely more annoying. I'm surprised they didn't have any 3D djembes in it, maybe they did.

Mr. Cameron, go away now with your wunderbar technology and get a fucking decent script and come back to us in another couple of decades.

I didn't sign up for this shit.

Agree with lovebeach, yer man is an asshole.

I thought it was fairly shitty too. Felt like I was saying at the screen throughout: "lads, throw me a frickin bone here, I'm trying to like this film...ah lads why'd you have to have that in the script?"

The rendering of the aliens' faces/expressions was the best thing about it.

For such a basic idea it was weird that the whole thing didn't really make any sense.

i am obviously a complete pleb. i really enjoyed this, the story was paper thin nonsense but i just liked the effects and the 3d blew my mind at the start before i got used to it.

the humans should have won if he was trying to make a statement about anything though, and i wish the big red thing had just ate him.

Big budget cinematic experience in paperthin plotline shocker.

The 3D on the screen I saw it on was rubbish. Don't bother going to see this unless it's on a big IMAX screen.

I can't believe it's 50 posts into this thread and no one's had the wit to say: "Pfft, I've seen better avatar's on Thumped!"

Big budget cinematic experience in paperthin plotline shocker.

The 3D on the screen I saw it on was rubbish. Don't bother going to see this unless it's on a big IMAX screen.

I can't believe it's 50 posts into this thread and no one's had the wit to say: "Pfft, I've seen better avatar's on Thumped!"

Terrible.

pocahontas-avatar.jpg

Undoubtedly the best film I've ever seen. I didn't think it was possible to make a film that fucking amazing. It was stunning. Anyone who wasn't bowled over by it is too world-weary to appreciate anything good in life and should go kill themselves immediately.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back