The Grand Social - Is there parking on North Lotts or anywhere else nearby? (1 Viewer)

therealjohnny

Supporter
Solutions
Have any of you played a gig in The Grand Social? Is there parking on North Lotts or anywhere else nearby? I don't fancy parking on the main road while I unload the gear nor do I fancy getting clamped

Have any of you played a gig in The Grand Social? Is there parking on North Lotts or anywhere else nearby? I don't fancy parking on the main road while I unload the gear nor do I fancy getting clamped

So if you let them know what time, you can temporarily park outside the back door and load in there, on Great Strand Street. You might even get lucky and get a temporary spot on Liffey Street if you want to load in the front.
You can't park in those places though, so yeah North Lotts is your nearest parking street really. You might even get lucky and find a spot really close to the corner across from the grand social. North Lotts has a hilarious parking system of the meter has been broken for years (although I think it gets fixed every now and then) so instead of using it you go down to the Spar on the corner, give them your license plate number, and they print a parking ticket for you, haha. I think you can only pay for 3 hours at a time though, so maybe best if you can park there about 4p.m and then it's free there after 7 p.m.
Also, against all sense of any kind, North Lotts is in fact a 2-way street, which is completely mental but there you go. Naturally don't leave anything visible to steal in North Lotts, it's actually generally okay even though the street is full of junkies, but sure not leaving anything visible is the advice for parking anywhere regardless.
If North Lotts is full, then the closest parking that I know of is probably the Jervis centre, which of course is probably not ideal. Also there's parking spots on the quays down past Caple Street, I think they're the same deal of pay before 7 p.m and free after. They're free on a Sunday anyway.

So if you let them know what time, you can temporarily park outside the back door and load in there, on Great Strand Street. You might even get lucky and get a temporary spot on Liffey Street if you want to load in the front.
You can't park in those places though, so yeah North Lotts is your nearest parking street really. You might even get lucky and find a spot really close to the corner across from the grand social. North Lotts has a hilarious parking system of the meter has been broken for years (although I think it gets fixed every now and then) so instead of using it you go down to the Spar on the corner, give them your license plate number, and they print a parking ticket for you, haha. I think you can only pay for 3 hours at a time though, so maybe best if you can park there about 4p.m and then it's free there after 7 p.m.
Also, against all sense of any kind, North Lotts is in fact a 2-way street, which is completely mental but there you go. Naturally don't leave anything visible to steal in North Lotts, it's actually generally okay even though the street is full of junkies, but sure not leaving anything visible is the advice for parking anywhere regardless.
If North Lotts is full, then the closest parking that I know of is probably the Jervis centre, which of course is probably not ideal. Also there's parking spots on the quays down past Caple Street, I think they're the same deal of pay before 7 p.m and free after. They're free on a Sunday anyway.
What a fucking palaver. thanks Cormac

If North Lotts is full, then the closest parking that I know of is probably the Jervis centre, which of course is probably not ideal.

I was thinking of just using this place. Stick the amp on a hand cart and put the guitar on my back. . Google maps says it's only a 3 minute walk.

Plan B

tumblr_m2srytiSM21qaus6ao1_1280.jpg

I was thinking of just using this place. Stick the amp on a hand cart and put the guitar on my back. . Google maps says it's only a 3 minute walk.

North Lotts is actually fairly safe to park in my experience, only thing I've seen happen there is people get clamped for not having a ticket. The clampers use a computer system, so when people pay in the spar the details of the vehicle and ticket duration must get uploaded on to their system. That makes it really easy for them to know which cars haven't paid there when they drive along the street.

I think I've only occasionally got parking on North Lotts. Usually would load in round the back and then park on the quays

The weirdest thing about North Lotts is when it's busy and when it isn't. Sometimes on a Saturday afternoon at 2p.m, you stick your head out there expecting it to be totally full, and there's loads of spaces free, other times you stick your head out at Saturday at 2p.m and it is totally rammed. Like you'd expect it to always be rammed around that time, but weirdly there's usually a space or two to go for.

Also it is a bit more awkward to park there than the picture would suggest right now, because just beyond where the grand social is there is a big building site and the builders just decided they'd block off half the road with scaffolding because hey builders, so the road gets narrower meaning there is a bit less space where you could temporary park whilst loading in.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back