What would you do with a couple of unexpected mental health days off from work? (1 Viewer)

jonah

What would you do with a couple of unexpected mental health days off from work? Have been having a bit of a melter of a time, so booked weds - friday off to just get some breathing room.

So far, my only plans are to get in a swim somewhere (pools in town ye'd recommend?) and spray paint some shelves.

What would you do with three days off alone? I'm not too keen to just watch tv and sit around, but don't wanna do stupid amounts either.

What would you do with a couple of unexpected mental health days off from work? Have been having a bit of a melter of a time, so booked weds - friday off to just get some breathing room.

So far, my only plans are to get in a swim somewhere (pools in town ye'd recommend?) and spray paint some shelves.

What would you do with three days off alone? I'm not too keen to just watch tv and sit around, but don't wanna do stupid amounts either.
Weather’s good, go somewhere green outside the city centre.

TAKE ME WITH YOU

Go out to Greystones and then walk back to Bray and play the waterfall machines and swim in the sea and get chips and ice cream.

Go up to Glenmalure and do a big hike and then have lunch in the pub.

Go to the zoo at 10am and have an early lunch in the Hole in the Wall and read the paper.

Get out and about as much as you can; go for walks - I love the Bray to Greystones walk then have food in Happy Pear; read a book or two, sit in the park, treat yourself; see if there are any good exhibitions on to go see.

I would read and go to the cinema a lot - going to the cinema alone if one of life's greatest pleasures I think. Take your lunch outside if the weather's nice. Bit of walking never goes amiss.

I had tonsillitis a while ago and my wife brought the kids away to her sisters for the night. I was too sick to do anything so I spent the day watching music documentaries on YouTube. It was amazing.

I’m off work today. I’m down with the in laws and i’ve spent most of the day reading and napping. It’s been fantastic. Going to call over to a mate of mine soon.

I highly recommend all this.

Also, if I had the time i’d go for a long run and go record shopping.

Last edited:
So as friday comes to a close, I have spent my three days off as follows:

- Read three books,
- Did a 20km cycle
- Had a long walk in the phoenix park
- Day trip with my camera to Dun Laoghaire, inc swim, vegan ice cream
- Went to see Midsommer again
- Lots of coffee shop reading (as above)
- Spray painted two bookcases lavender
- Cooked a lot

Overall, very good and feel ten times better.

- Read three books,
- Did a 20km cycle
- Cooked a lot

Not being in work’s the best. I’ve been off all week too and it’s been fantastic.

- Read three books,
- Did a 20km cycle
- Cooked a lot

I'm waiting for the directors cut to go see it again!

Also..3 books!

It would take me 3 months to read 3 books

If I had 3 days off to spend without the kids around, I'd probably attempt to record some old song I had in my back pocket. 3 days is just about right to get to the stage of hating the song, then I'd spend another 3 weeks falling back in love with it again, then 3 months rewriting it

I found a 2014 version of a song I've spent the last 3 months trying to record, and the only thing the 2 have in common us some of the lyrics in the chorus. It's like one of those 50 year old axes that have had 7 different handles and 5 different heads
TRIGGER'S BROOM

or the ship of theseus, if you're a fuckin nerd

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back