How do they know I live here? (1 Viewer)

ernesto

Stank you very much
Supporter
Solutions
Website
strikeaction.bandcamp.com
Got a letter from An Post (the government postal service, not thumped user) saying that their to their database indicates this address is not covered by a license.
How do they know I live here?
I’ve never registered at this address nor bought a TV license in about 16 years.
My housemate was been bought a tv license last year by his parents and it has since expired/lapsed and we’ve no intention of renewing it.

But I’m still at a loss at how the hell they found out I live here! Surely this must contravene GDPR Guidelines/ Data protection act?

How do I query this information? (No I’ve not asked them directly (yet) but I am anticipating a lacklustre / negative / no response)

Got a letter from An Post (the government postal service, not thumped user) saying that their to their database indicates this address is not covered by a license.
I’ve never registered at this address nor bought a TV license in about 16 years.
My housemate was been bought a tv license last year by his parents and it has since expired/lapsed and we’ve no intention of renewing it.

But I’m still at a loss at how the hell they found out I live here! Surely this must contravene GDPR Guidelines/ Data protection act?

How do I query this information? (No I’ve not asked them directly (yet) but I am anticipating a lacklustre / negative / no response)
Electoral register?

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Anyone here know at all at all??

We got a similar letter a few months ago, but, and I am not joking, it was addressed to my cat: Monty Burke. I honestly thought my bf was punking me for weeks, but it was a legitimate letter. The only way I can figure it out is our vets somehow sold their address database to them?

It did make me have a kind of humorous fantasy of Monty being demanded in court, and us putting on his tie collar (see below) and bringing him in to the judge like, YES HERE IS MONTY JUDGE.

47248431_10156841537814464_636236779984257024_n.jpg

I'm not kidding with this, but have you ever received post addressed to you at your address?

Also at an address i lived at a few years back the addressed to no one TV licence letters we had been getting started getting addressed to me after I signed up for the internet in the house.

I'm not kidding with this, but have you ever received post addressed to you at your address?

Also at an address i lived at a few years back the addressed to no one TV licence letters we had been getting started getting addressed to me after I signed up for the internet in the house.

I have never received a few postcards yes

It’s almost like An Post know what post is also being delivered to your house...

So they’ve just basically noted my name at my address when processing any mail for me?

I suppose that makes sense. Pricks

Fuckers tried that shit on me; used to get addressed to my housemate (who has been in the house much longer than me) presumably because the internet is in his name.
About 8 months ago I ordered memory expansion for the computer or something, was sent through An Post. Cue the next 4 months of them sending a letter a month to me saying there is no TV license registered for the property, and we have to get one etc etc.

Naturally I didn't reply to them at all, and they seem to have fucked off. Why would I reply? It's not like we have a TV in the house.
Silliest thing about it is that we had an inspector round a couple of years ago and I showed him inside and all and he went away happy, you'd think they'd take the fucking hint.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back