Supporter
Contributor
Threads
On a platform shaped like a HIV positive foetus, a
Website
theppk.com
Do really people find bargains on eBay?
Or is this a myth in my imagination.
Anytime I look for anything on eBay it's almost always more expensive & once you add the postage charge it's not worth it.
I just bought a bike frame on there
Looking at watches right now

Very happy with the selection

Jill Hives

Once Removed
Supporter
Contributor
Threads
Website
25.media.tumblr.com
Ah cool, thanks! Must keep reminding myself to go slowly. Schedules are tricky with kids/work/etc. even though she lives 10 minutes away, so that helps. But we're on the same page about most things. Except Pink Floyd.
Ha! Pink Floyd can be tough one. Despite hating them when I was younger, I am now Pro-Floyd.

pete

chronic procrastinator
Staff member
Since 1999
Threads
Website
thumped.com
It is. Cooking dinner for her this Friday. Haven't looked forward to Valentine's Day for years. Equal parts giddy and nervous. She's smart, funny and gorgeous. I'm smitten.

Unknown Convict

Threads
Website
www.bop.gov
Not quite! Did a roast chicken yesterday, ostensibly so I could make chicken stock as the base for a risotto which will then make arancini all'amatriciana. Worry is I'll be cooking in an alien kitchen, so good to have a plan B.

riath

Supporter
Threads
She’s a lucky lady and I’ve no doubt she’ll really appreciate the thought that went in to it all.
In 4 years, my ex only ever cooked me one frozen pizza. He managed to set his oven on fire and we’d to wait out in the rain for 15 mins until the smoke cleared a bit.

Unknown Convict

Threads
Website
www.bop.gov
She’s a lucky lady and I’ve no doubt she’ll really appreciate the thought that went in to it all.
In 4 years, my ex only ever cooked me one frozen pizza. He managed to set his oven on fire and we’d to wait out in the rain for 15 mins until the smoke cleared a bit.
Ha, sounds like a keeper! Nice to have someone to cook for again tbh.

prefuse

Threads
I saw Graham Linehan being interviewed on BBC last night. He's the most hated man in Britain apparently. I hadn't heard.

Last edited:

7 - No tomorrow

Feisty
Supporter
Contributor
Threads
Website
theppk.com
I saw Graham Linehan being interviewed on BBC last night. He's the most hated man in Britain apparently. I hadn't heard.
Saw a few very short clips - Newsnight wouldn't put any up, like they usually do
Not well-liked

The arguments he’s involved in online are so fucking micro – like he knows every nook & cranny of every published paper and batshit theory on the topic - you’d need to research each one before you’d even know what’s going on. And who the fuck has the time for that?

Like the topic on Newsnight didn’t even seem to be trans rights or biological sex – but his own off-the-deep-end involvement.

prefuse

Threads
I don't know the whole story so I can't say if he's right, wrong or whatever. I don't even have a strong opinion on the subject. But putting out your opinions on Twitter seems to be a bad idea. This cancel culture thing seems to have legs at the moment. There seems to be an army of SJW's mainly the younger generation who seem to take deep offence at every little thing.

7 - No tomorrow

Feisty
Supporter
Contributor
Threads
Website
theppk.com
I don't know the whole story so I can't say if he's right, wrong or whatever. I don't even have a strong opinion on the subject. But putting out your opinions on Twitter seems to be a bad idea. This cancel culture thing seems to have legs at the moment. There seems to be an army of SJW's mainly the younger generation who seem to take deep offence at every little thing.
I don’t think it’s quite that – in this case.

The SSM issue was a much more neat Right v Left, Conservative V Liberal argument. This is more internal to the left than a right vs left.
More like pinnies and stickies, I think.
It’s “radical” feminists versus what seems to be the more mainstream LBGTQ+ activists.
But in Linehan’s case, even people he has some common cause with – JK Rowling and others – are not throwing their whole life into it like he is.
Like if Newsnight is basically calling you a cunt, you’re on the fringes.

It’s hard not to take the view that – whatever the rights and wrongs of the issue – that it has subsumed him.
Like remember that Kinsey movie where he’s a hero for doing sex research, but gets so wrapped up in it that he’s up at 2 in the morning ramming pipe cleaners down his willy? It’s a bit like that.

Lili Marlene

Fast as You Can
Contributor
Threads
I saw an interview with him about a year ago where he basically explained that he entered this fight for something to do while getting through his cancer treatment. The issues are wayyy too complex for me to even begin to have an opinion about.

jonah

Threads
I just bought a bike frame on there
Looking at watches right now

Very happy with the selection
I've bought a BUNCH of second hand film cameras on ebay though its a risk. Great bargains! Only other comporable place for stuff like that for me is adverts.

7 - No tomorrow

Feisty
Supporter
Contributor
Threads
Website
theppk.com
I've bought a BUNCH of second hand film cameras on ebay though its a risk. Great bargains! Only other comporable place for stuff like that for me is adverts.
I love Adverts. My sister is a wizard on there. She’s got me great stuff through it.

I use Craigslist over here.
I like that you can set up alerts for stuff. Like maybe you’re not gonna buy it, but you can see what’s becoming available and how often and what price etc etc

I dunno if Adverts will let you do that – but I love the feature
1581437246793.png

And always worth throwing an IKEA product name in there before going to actual IKEA.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create a thumped.com account. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest posts

Trending Threads

Latest threads