Ask Thumped... (2 Viewers)

therealjohnny

Supporter
Threads
I'm looking to buy a desk with a good bit of space for drawing, using for writing and general laptop work for my studio. Can anyone recommend one for a decent price that won't break the bank? I know IKEA is an option, but they're all a little on the small size in terms of workspace. Stupid sexy Swedes.

therealjohnny

Supporter
Threads
I can't find anything online for these"Sperrin" security lights

Most of the LEDs have burned out . Do I replace the whole thing or is there a generic brand of LED cell I can use? @ann post , you seem to know about this type of thing. IMG_20190526_115938.jpg

ilovehoovering

Supporter
Threads
A group of Brits (7/8 of the non-Brexity variety) I work with are off to Dublin for a conference tonight. I have already provided my list of recommended pubs but does anyone know anywhere decent and not expensive to eat? They're staying on Fleet Street.

ann post

Threads
I can't find anything online for these"Sperrin" security lights

Most of the LEDs have burned out . Do I replace the whole thing or is there a generic brand of LED cell I can use? @ann post , you seem to know about this type of thing.View attachment 13049
I don't really do anything that is mains based to beyond the really obvious. If it can be unplugged and you open it and see what is in there, it looks like what is called a 'COB' (chips on board -LED's being considered chips in this case) which might have an ebayable set of numbers on it. If the part doesn't come up first time on ebay I'd say its straight into the replace the whole thing category.

Technically this is much more an @ernesto question :)

therealjohnny

Supporter
Threads
I don't really do anything that is mains based to beyond the really obvious. If it can be unplugged and you open it and see what is in there, it looks like what is called a 'COB' (chips on board -LED's being considered chips in this case) which might have an ebayable set of numbers on it. If the part doesn't come up first time on ebay I'd say its straight into the replace the whole thing category.

Technically this is much more an @ernesto question :)
"3 years warranty". Mine lasted 2 and a bit

ann post

Threads

Attachments

GO

Now Is Go
Supporter
Threads
A group of Brits (7/8 of the non-Brexity variety) I work with are off to Dublin for a conference tonight. I have already provided my list of recommended pubs but does anyone know anywhere decent and not expensive to eat? They're staying on Fleet Street.
For pizza I recommend Sano . Superb value . Great pizza

ernesto

Big stanks
Supporter
Threads
Website
strikeaction.bandcamp.com

ann post

Threads
Just to ask the hive mind, I've two things on the list for the workshop/library/whateveritis. I know the internet exists but I've trying to stick to second hand for these things.

1. A big fan - holding out for one this shape - especially the low profile stand and more than 12 inches across - closer to 15inch would be better.

2. Numatic wet and dry vac - can be the domestic or the big industrial twin motor ones so long as its working and 240v model.

_Katie_

Threads
Can anyone recommend a free online form generator? I need to make one for work, unfortunately, G Suite is for paying customers only...

_Katie_

Threads
Another thing... I'm looking to buy a digital projector, one that I can hook up to my laptop. Going to look online, but if anyone has one they're looking to get rid of...?

_Katie_

Threads
No one EVER ANSWERS ME...But, any tips for cheap parking South City Centre, near ish Temple Bar?

ann post

Threads
Two of those posts were on my birthday. I was off my face mostly. With projectors the real cost is the replacement bulb. The budget ones often cant deal with anything other than a vantablack room, which pushes you into spending a bit, which pushes into making sure the replacement bulbs arent mad expensive.

Maybe surveymonkey?

I don't drive in dublin if I can help it.

_Katie_

Threads
Two of those posts were on my birthday. I was off my face mostly. With projectors the real cost is the replacement bulb. The budget ones often cant deal with anything other than a vantablack room, which pushes you into spending a bit, which pushes into making sure the replacement bulbs arent mad expensive.

Maybe surveymonkey?

I don't drive in dublin if I can help it.
I actually got a projector sorted, wahey! I'm glad to hear you enjoyed your birthday of being shit-faced.

sparse

Threads
Website
www.facebook.com
Just to ask the hive mind, I've two things on the list for the workshop/library/whateveritis. I know the internet exists but I've trying to stick to second hand for these things.

1. A big fan - holding out for one this shape - especially the low profile stand and more than 12 inches across - closer to 15inch would be better.

2. Numatic wet and dry vac - can be the domestic or the big industrial twin motor ones so long as its working and 240v model.
Not secondhand but Argos sell an 18" one for €55 that I can recommend. HERE

Cormcolash

Threads
Website
geocities.com
No one EVER ANSWERS ME...But, any tips for cheap parking South City Centre, near ish Temple Bar?
The Quays near the law courts are an idea. There are free parking streets round the back of Christchurch, but dodgeeeeee. The street that runs from Dublin Castle up towards the liberties parallel to Dame Street might be one too, it's an amazing spot if it's free. The biggest problem with all these suggestions is that I know they're good from like 7pm onwards or something, but I'm not sure if they're free during normal working hours.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create a thumped.com account. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

We're listening to...

• The Earth Is Not A Cold Dead Place
    Memorial
    Explosions In The Sky
    The Earth Is Not A Cold Dead Place

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest posts

Trending Threads

Latest threads