Ask Thumped... (1 Viewer)

Cornu Ammonis

Supporter
Contributor
Threads
Website
brainwashed.com
Why don't cinemas show their listings for the weekend? It's a pain trying to plan stuff and the last day with full listings is always a Thursday.

billygannon

Supporter
Contributor
Threads
who knows stuff about money? A family member wants to give me €5000 (a nice surprise!). Apart from upping my contributions to thumped does anyone know where the best place to stick it would be? I don't live in Ireland and but have a basic AIB bank account. I won't need access to the money in the short-term. Basically I'll just keep it somewhere to fund moving back to Ireland at some point. I assume interest rates are as a rubbish as they are in the UK.
I have a bank account which you could lodge it to.

jonah

Supporter
Threads
What would you do with a couple of unexpected mental health days off from work? Have been having a bit of a melter of a time, so booked weds - friday off to just get some breathing room.

So far, my only plans are to get in a swim somewhere (pools in town ye'd recommend?) and spray paint some shelves.

What would you do with three days off alone? I'm not too keen to just watch tv and sit around, but don't wanna do stupid amounts either.

Cornu Ammonis

Supporter
Contributor
Threads
Website
brainwashed.com
What would you do with a couple of unexpected mental health days off from work? Have been having a bit of a melter of a time, so booked weds - friday off to just get some breathing room.

So far, my only plans are to get in a swim somewhere (pools in town ye'd recommend?) and spray paint some shelves.

What would you do with three days off alone? I'm not too keen to just watch tv and sit around, but don't wanna do stupid amounts either.
Weather’s good, go somewhere green outside the city centre.

ann post

Threads

TAKE ME WITH YOU

Diddles

Threads
Go out to Greystones and then walk back to Bray and play the waterfall machines and swim in the sea and get chips and ice cream.

Go up to Glenmalure and do a big hike and then have lunch in the pub.

Go to the zoo at 10am and have an early lunch in the Hole in the Wall and read the paper.

travispickle

Supporter
Threads

Get out and about as much as you can; go for walks - I love the Bray to Greystones walk then have food in Happy Pear; read a book or two, sit in the park, treat yourself; see if there are any good exhibitions on to go see.

Bernie Lomax

Threads

I would read and go to the cinema a lot - going to the cinema alone if one of life's greatest pleasures I think. Take your lunch outside if the weather's nice. Bit of walking never goes amiss.

jonah

Supporter
Threads
Lots of great ideas guys, and very much in line with my thinking. Cycle, swim, walk, cinema and reading all on the agenda now

travispickle

Supporter
Threads
Lots of great ideas guys, and very much in line with my thinking. Cycle, swim, walk, cinema and reading all on the agenda now
And of course resting is just as important as being active; doing nothing is a perfectly nice way to spend time too :) enjoy the few days.

sleepy

Threads
Website
www.facebook.com

I had tonsillitis a while ago and my wife brought the kids away to her sisters for the night. I was too sick to do anything so I spent the day watching music documentaries on YouTube. It was amazing.

I’m off work today. I’m down with the in laws and i’ve spent most of the day reading and napping. It’s been fantastic. Going to call over to a mate of mine soon.

I highly recommend all this.

Also, if I had the time i’d go for a long run and go record shopping.

Last edited:

jonah

Supporter
Threads
So as friday comes to a close, I have spent my three days off as follows:

- Read three books,
- Did a 20km cycle
- Had a long walk in the phoenix park
- Day trip with my camera to Dun Laoghaire, inc swim, vegan ice cream
- Went to see Midsommer again
- Lots of coffee shop reading (as above)
- Spray painted two bookcases lavender
- Cooked a lot

Overall, very good and feel ten times better.

sleepy

Threads
Website
www.facebook.com

- Read three books,
- Did a 20km cycle
- Cooked a lot

Not being in work’s the best. I’ve been off all week too and it’s been fantastic.

GO

Now Is Go
Supporter
Threads

- Read three books,
- Did a 20km cycle
- Cooked a lot

I'm waiting for the directors cut to go see it again!

Also..3 books!

It would take me 3 months to read 3 books

nuke terrorist

Threads
might as well ask this here :
when making links here for you tube etc. how do make the link viewable ?
i.e. you can see the same video box seen on you tube and not just a link.
many thanks in advance.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create a thumped.com account. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

We're listening to...

• Afro tombo
    Afro tombo
    Moussier Tombola
    Afro tombo

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest posts

Trending Threads

Latest threads