Ask Thumped... (1 Viewer)

GARYXKNIFEDX

Supporter
Threads
Website
Visit site
I need an external dvd/blu ray/cd drive for a laptop what should i look for? (They probably don't make them anymore,right?)

ernesto

lover not a fighter
Supporter
Threads
Website
strikeaction.bandcamp.com
Got a letter from An Post (the government postal service, not thumped user) saying that their to their database indicates this address is not covered by a license.
How do they know I live here?
I’ve never registered at this address nor bought a TV license in about 16 years.
My housemate was been bought a tv license last year by his parents and it has since expired/lapsed and we’ve no intention of renewing it.

But I’m still at a loss at how the hell they found out I live here! Surely this must contravene GDPR Guidelines/ Data protection act?

How do I query this information? (No I’ve not asked them directly (yet) but I am anticipating a lacklustre / negative / no response)

pete

chronic procrastinator
Staff member
Since 1999
Threads
Website
thumped.com
Got a letter from An Post (the government postal service, not thumped user) saying that their to their database indicates this address is not covered by a license.
I’ve never registered at this address nor bought a TV license in about 16 years.
My housemate was been bought a tv license last year by his parents and it has since expired/lapsed and we’ve no intention of renewing it.

But I’m still at a loss at how the hell they found out I live here! Surely this must contravene GDPR Guidelines/ Data protection act?

How do I query this information? (No I’ve not asked them directly (yet) but I am anticipating a lacklustre / negative / no response)
Electoral register?

Cornu Ammonis

Supporter
Contributor
Threads
Website
brainwashed.com

ernesto

lover not a fighter
Supporter
Threads
Website

Anyone here know at all at all??

jonah

Supporter
Threads

We got a similar letter a few months ago, but, and I am not joking, it was addressed to my cat: Monty Burke. I honestly thought my bf was punking me for weeks, but it was a legitimate letter. The only way I can figure it out is our vets somehow sold their address database to them?

It did make me have a kind of humorous fantasy of Monty being demanded in court, and us putting on his tie collar (see below) and bringing him in to the judge like, YES HERE IS MONTY JUDGE.

47248431_10156841537814464_636236779984257024_n.jpg

Lili Marlene

Wanna Get Out
Supporter
Contributor
Threads

I'm not kidding with this, but have you ever received post addressed to you at your address?

Also at an address i lived at a few years back the addressed to no one TV licence letters we had been getting started getting addressed to me after I signed up for the internet in the house.

ernesto

lover not a fighter
Supporter
Threads
Website
I'm not kidding with this, but have you ever received post addressed to you at your address?

Also at an address i lived at a few years back the addressed to no one TV licence letters we had been getting started getting addressed to me after I signed up for the internet in the house.
I have never received a few postcards yes

It’s almost like An Post know what post is also being delivered to your house...
So they’ve just basically noted my name at my address when processing any mail for me?

I suppose that makes sense. Pricks

dudley

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Contributor
Since 1999
Threads
Website
www.thedudleycorporation.com

jonah

Supporter
Threads
Does anyone know if I can tune an autoharp with an L shaped piano tuning wrench?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create a thumped.com account. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest posts

Trending Threads

Latest threads