(Ask nlgbbbblth) - My Weekly Bank Related Question (1 Viewer)

!baggyyyy
I may have asked this before. I am in australia. My BOI account is at an address in galway where i know nobody (all changed since i left). Is there any way from here to change the address on my account?

Why don't you give me all your bank and personal details and i'll call them for you? Wait...why don't you call them?

Or you could use their 365 online yoke, if you're signed up.

Dear Nlgbbbblth,

Will my bank link card work in Barcelona? It has a cirrus sign on it but not the maestro. I'm a member of Ulster bank. Can you please confirm?

Truly,
Morg

Citizen Nlgbbbblth,
If I claim payment protection on a credit card and / or bank loan becuase I lost my job, does this affect my credit rating??

Does it increase the cost of future payment protection? Are there any possible negatives to claiming it in general?

Here's the story. I have a standing order for a loan payment of e230 on the 13th of each month (aka last monday). I sent home about e800 on friday from australia, but by monday morning it wasn't in my account so i rang BOI customer care to see if there was anything i could do. The lady told me the loan payment comes out just after midnight on the 13th so i had missed the payment and would be fined e13 the next day. I asked if the system tries again at the end of the day for the payment - i had some idea the money from australia would come in later in the day. She reiterated the payment was missed at this stage, and the best thing to do was to make the payment manually as soon as the money came into my account. I checked my BOI account online around 11pm and the money from oz came through, so i made the payment. And of course, half an hour later, BOI took the money for the loan.

So, eh, what can i do? I don't imagine they'll just give me my money back, but will they be able to let me skip a payment next month or something? I really can't afford to essentially throw away e230. If, as i expect they will, they say there's nothing i can do, is there any consumer rights as regards banking that i can follow it up with - a banking obmbudsman or something? I have no intention of letting his one slide.

Ask them to either reverse one of the payments or else amend the next standing order date to 13 September. No harm asking for the €13 back either.
Probably would have been best to wait a day or two until making the manual repayment but they didn't exactly give you the correct information.
Are those calls recorded?

what costs are there surrounding changing mortgage?
NIB are not passing on rate cuts, and supposedly want out of the mortgage market - their standard variable rate is over 1% higher than AIB offer on a <50% LTV variable.

<p>
<font size="2">Ask them to either reverse one of the payments or else amend the next standing order date to 13 September. No harm asking for the €13 back either.</font></p>
<p><font size="2">Probably would have been best to wait a day or two until making the manual repayment but they didn't exactly give you the correct information.</font></p>
<p><font size="2">Are those calls recorded? </font></p>
<p>
</p>
<p>They never charged the e13 actually - the information the woman gave me was wrong. I would have left the payment for at least a few days, but i asked the woman what could i do to avoid making shit of my credit rating and she told me to put in the money ASAP, sooner the better. I think the calls say &quot;monitored for training purposes&quot; but i don't know about recorded. I do know they've given me bogus information before though, i think i'm going to start taking times and names when i call them in future.</p>

EDIT: Hang on, i've just checked my 365online again and it says both payments were on the 14th. Weird. I'll give them a bell after the weekend.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back