coney island
weegee-coneyisland.jpg

mf-weegee.jpg

weegee_sammys.jpg

weegee.jpg

weegee.jpg

oh man, so many great shots...

http://museum.icp.org/museum/collections/special/weegee/

they called him weegee cause he was always first on the scene. the recokened he used a ouija board. he actually just used a police radio.

ever see his mobile darkroom? he proceesed and printed his shots out of the back of his car. excellent buzz.

Also, the amount of money I would happily spend here given half the chance...$600 for the New Topographics book, and a signed copy of the Solitude of Ravens went for about $3000+ a couple of months ago...

*cries

c0De_n1NjA said:
they called him weegee cause he was always first on the scene. the recokened he used a ouija board. he actually just used a police radio.

ever see his mobile darkroom? he proceesed and printed his shots out of the back of his car. excellent buzz.
Did he look like this?

publiceyecover.jpg

Have you seen the movie? It's about some dude who takes photos of crime scenes and his endeavours to find a woman who understands him, while also solving some crime or other.

Amazing.

c0De_n1NjA said:

I thought it was because he started off as a darkroom technician basically drying negatives and prints with a sqeegie. Ouija boards a better story. In reality he had a police radio, used to get there before the cops. Hes got some unbelievable stuff

coop himmelb(l)au - cities that beat like a heart

3I00683.JPG

dan flavin - the untitled ('monument' for v. tatlin) series

tatlin.jpg

just after watching the Constant documentary made just before he died- Constant Avant la Depart.

Reminded me of this amazing shit, New Babylon, which he worked on for over 20 years- very much associated with the Situationists. A plan for a new city based on incidents and happenings, randomness and interactions...

http://www.notbored.org/new-babylon.html

constant_pavillon.jpg

levi.jpg

m4207.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back