Art you like (1 Viewer)

• Thread starter MDR
  • Start date
  • Replies 392
  • Views 63K
  • Watchers 12
clown.jpg

this is clown taking a shit by bruce naumann. this was actually in the douglas hyde about 13 years ago.

and on a different tip heres ocean park no 54 by richard diebenkorn. a painting much ripped off by me for about two weeks in core studues in ncad. deadly pic buh.

g090a_diebenkorn_oceanpk54.jpg

P01a.JPG

Saw this stuff in the flesh in Australia - incredible, and I also agree with the VanGogh stuff in real life - it just glows and the texture of it is amazing.

Plus I seem to be starting to love picasso stuff.. I think cos I'm colour blind I just love colourful things..

kirstie said:
i have nearly as many lamps as I have shoes.

Me too, I have two lamps.

Can any of you trained art people (mugag perhaps) tell me in lay man's terms (i.e. not from google or wikipedia) what a print is exactly - also a lithograph.

Thanks.

A print can mean a few different things. Dry Point, Screen, photograph etc. Prints are usually sold in editions. You might see something written in a corner 3/40 for example, that just means that the artist printed up 40 and you have number 3. Think of a painting as 1/1, and a print is a multiple.

er, does that help?

editL Lithograph is just another type of print.

lithographs are specifically made using a slab of limestone, I think. That's what makes them lithographs as distinct from a screen print, or whatever.

I just checked that - it's any smooth surface, modREN processes use plastic or aluminium.

kirstie said:
lithographs are specifically made using a slab of limestone, I think. That's what makes them lithographs as distinct from a screen print, or whatever.

I just checked that - it's any smooth surface, modREN processes use plastic or aluminium.

Is a print/lithograph a guaranteed copy taken from the original picture? There's a shop on South Anne Street that's seelling lithograph's of various paintings I like, but I don't want something that's like a fancy photocopy or another artists impression of the original.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back